|7 March, 2014 - Top Internet Stories - 7 March 2014|
|It looks like summer has hit early over here this year; despite freezing mornings, afternoons are warm, if not hot. Good weather usually means less articles published, but here are a few I found that you may have missed over the last week.|
- Motorcycling 2.0: Rethinking Definition Motorcyclist (Asphalt And Rubber)
- Review of Motorcycle Handlebar Bag for the BMW GS and BMW Scooters (Webbikeworld)
- MotoGP Rule Change Imminent: 'Intermediate' Category To Be Added Between Factory Option And Open Classes (Motomatters)
- More And More Women Are Riding Motorcycles In The US (Autoevolution)
|28 February, 2014 - Top Internet Stories - 27 February 2014|
|Another month gone, and we're almost in spring - the full motorcycle riding season is coming upon us with great speed. Lucky us. Unless you live in the Southern Hemisphere. In the mean time, here are a few interesting motorcycle articles that have appeared during the last 7 days.|
- Motorcycles And Agricultural Innovation (Congo Masquerade)
- Three Reasons You Should Always Wear Gloves When You Ride (Competition Accessories)
- Sarah Whitmores World - Vol Two (Transworld Motocross)
- Dynotips (Dealer News)
- Spoked Wheels Maintenance (Motorcycle Thailand)
|21 February, 2014 - Top Internet Stories - 21 February 2014|
|Where did the winter go? Haven't had any freezing temperature for weeks, just wind and rain - enough to prevent motorcycle riding. But not to continue reading interesting motorcycle related articles on the internet. Here are a few you may have missed over the last week.|
- How To Pick Up A Fallen Motorcycle (Biker Thomas)
- Look Inside "BMW: Motorcycles of the Century" Book (Selectism)
- 5 Things Not to Say to a Motorcycle Rider (Huffington Post)
- Where Are the Motorcyclists in the USA? (Asphalt And Rubber)
- Hero vs. Honda: Battle of the Titans (starring Erik Buell) (Gizmag)
|14 February, 2014 - Top Internet Stories - 14 February 2014|
|Today is Valentine Day, so happy Valentine, but no top stories to be found with regards to Valentine .. sorry. But there are several good articles that have appeared on the internet that you may have missed, so here they are.|
- Amateur Spy: David Emmett's Out-of-Focus Shots From The Sepang Test, Part 1 (Motomatters)
- Amateur Spy: David Emmett's Out-of-Focus Shots From The Sepang Test, Part 2 (Motomatters)
- Draco Ventare - A Ducati bumper for iPhone 5s review (iMore)
- European Way Of Staying Warm On Your Motorcycle (Motorcycle Blog From Jafrum)
- Review: EntroSys BikeAir motorcycle A/C system (Gizmag)
|7 February, 2014 - Top Internet Stories - 7 February 2014|
|While we are sitting here in gale force winds, not being able to walk outside, let alone ride my motorcycle, I have been reading a lot on the internet. So here are a few interesting stories you may have missed last week.|
- Monday 20th January, My Day On A Yamaha TT R250 (Ash On Bikes)
- You Can Ride A Pushy Cant Ya (Experimental Ghost)
- Motorists Blind To Motorcycles When They're Not Expected: Study (The Motor Report)
- Motorcycle Night Riding - Safety Tips (Michael Padway And Associates)
- Stuff I Dont Know: Suspension Settings (The Motorcycle Obsession)
|31 January, 2014 - Top Internet Stories - 31 January 2014|
|Another month has flown by, and we are bracing ourselves for the snow that is supposed to arrive within a week or so. No more motorcycle riding, but a lot of motorcycle articles to read. Here are a few you may have missed over the last week or so.|
- The Proliferation Of Robocop Like Helmets And Technologies (Motorcycle Blog From Jafrum)
- Book Review: Motorcycle Man By Kristen Ashley (The Book Vixen)
- Ducati: Why Join The Navy When You Can Be A Pirate? (Cycleworld)
- Scented Candles and the End of the World (Ride Apart)
|24 January, 2014 - Top Internet Stories - 24 January 2014|
|I'm expecting a happy moment next week, so I'm waiting in tremendous impatience (I'm getting a new motorcycle, but more on that next week). But to make the days pass quicker, I've been reading a lot on the internet. Here are some articles you may have missed over the last week.|
- The Women’s Motorcycle Exhibition (Asphalt And Rubber)
- How MotoGP Bikes Are Being Timed And The Flags' Meaning (Autoevolution)
- Launched: Indian Motorcycles Introduces 2014 Indian Chief (Bike Advice)
- Racer Race Carbon Gloves Review (Webbikeworld)
- Robert Pirsig Was Right (The Motorcycle Obsession)
|17 January, 2014 - Top Internet Stories - 17 January 2014|
|Time flies when you're having fun (or when you're not having fun). Almost the end of the month, and the end of the Dakar race. Bit disappointed with the info provided by the manufacturers for the rally, but that's life. Here are some articles that I have been reading this week that you may have missed.|
- The Essential Roadside Repair Kit | MC Garage (Motorcyclist)
- The First ATM Machine for Motor Cyclist in Batam (Enjoy Batam)
- Inside The Mind Of Casey Stoner (MotorSport Magazine)
- Motorcycle Stirrups - Yes Exist (Motorcycle.Com The Sidecar)
|10 January, 2014 - Top Internet Stories - 10 January 2014|
|Busy week with the Dakar rally. With the time difference I spend more time on the web than riding, which is not a good thing. One more week, and it's over.|
- Motogp Racing - It's All About Compromising (Motorcycle Thailand)
- Global Motorcycle Industry Projected Expansion (Motorcycle Thailand)
- Girl Meets Bike Review (You Motorcycle)
- The 400Mph Motorbike (The Telegraph)
|9 January, 2014 - Getting Social With The Dakar Racers|
|#Twitter #Facebook #Social #Dakar - For those interested in following socially some of the racers, here are many of the Dakar racer's social media addresses.|
|3 January, 2014 - Top Internet Stories - 3 January 2014|
|Happy New year everyone. I hope you all had a great time, and are ready for the new year. I'll be back in full swing next Monday, but the interesting articles I've been reading during my holidays were piling up, so here are some motorcycle related articles you may have missed.|
- Book Review: Museo Ducati. Six Decades Of Classic Motorcycles Of The Official Ducati Museum (Motomatters)
- Me, A Motorcycle, And A Bajillion Dollar Jackpot (Ride Apart)
- Top 10 Harley Davidson Executive Quotes (Northwest Harley Blog)
- Advantages Of Electrically Heated Motorcycle Clothing Even When Not Riding (Motorcycle Blog From Jafrum)
|20 December, 2013 - Top Internet Stories - 20 December 2013|
|It's almost next year, just a few more days and we can start looking at 2014. In the mean time the weather is really mild so I'm still on the motorcycle. let's keep it that way! Here are a few motorcycle related news articles I've found for your amusement which you may have missed.|
- Caberg Tourmax Helmet Review (Webbikeworld)
- These Amazing Bike Paintings Were Made With Chopsticks and Ink (Wired)
- It Is Game Over For Valentino Rossi (Autosport)
- Bajaj Discover 100M: First Ride (Zig Wheels)
|13 December, 2013 - Top Internet Stories - 13 December 2013|
|Well, just celebrated my birthday in style, and back into the grind. Lots of stories, lots of stuff happening. Here are a few articles I've been reading that you may have missed over the last week.|
- How York County motorcycle riders dressed as Santa Claus manage their beards (YDR)
- Use Your Head: Pointers For Picking A Safe Motorcycle Helmet (You Motorcycle)
- 10 Reasons Why You Should Date A Motorcyclist (Moto Lady)
- How To Ride A Sidecar (Ride Apart)
|6 December, 2013 - Top Internet Stories - 6 December 2013|
|After an easy Paris Le Salon de la Moto motorcycle exhibition, time to get serious to have more fun to the end of the year. Time to start hunting bargains and gifts, lots of gifts. In the mean time, here are some interesting articles that have appeared that you may have missed last week.|
- Motorcycle Motorway Riding Advice (Bikesure)
- Would You Consider Renting A Motorcycle Instead Of Owning One (The Kneeslider)
- How To Cruise With Your Canine (A Letter To My Dog)
- Look History Motorcycle Fashion Gear (US Rider News)
- The Electric Garage: The Robrady Rmoto (Vectrix Electric Superbike) (The Electric Chronicles)
|29 November, 2013 - Top Internet Stories - 29 November 2013|
|A week's worth of interesting motorcycle articles that have appeared and that you may have missed.|
- New Documentary Women Motorcycle Riders Fast Growing Trend (Denver Post)
- First Aid for Motorbikes (Bikesure)
- Product Review Viking Moto Backpack Review (Motorzon)
- Book Release Real Hog (Motorcycle.Com The Sidecar)
- My Snow Riding Checklist (Scooter In The Sticks)
- Michelin Airless Motorcycle Tires (The Kneeslider)
|22 November, 2013 - Top Internet Stories - 22 November 2013|
|It is getting colder out there, and with that not only does motorcycle riding disappear, but also apparently motorcycle articles. But I did find a few for your amusement. Here are some motorcycle articles that have appeared over the last week.|
- Why I sold my car for an Electric Bike (Electric Bike)
- Suzuki GW250 Review (Webbikeworld)
- JD's Biker Movie Reviews: The Born Losers (Bikers Report)
- The All-Important Motorcycle Wave (Ride Apart)
|15 November, 2013 - Top Internet Stories - 15 November 2013|
|It is a meager harvest of motorcycle stories this week. I guess most of the writing efforts went into the Ecima show. But here are a few articles you may have missed that might be of interest to you.|
- Get Serious About Eye Protection When You Ride Your Motorcycle (Russ Brown)
- Biker Dogs: How To Safely Carry Your Pet On Your Motorcycle (Pet Luxe)
- Five Books Every Motorcyclist Should Read (Ride Apart)
|8 November, 2013 - Top Internet Stories - 8 November 2013|
|Despite the onslaught of new motorcycle news from Eicma, and walking until I had blisters the size of walnuts on my feet, I still had some time to read what was going on the internet. Here is one week's worth of motorcycle related articles that may interest you.|
- The Baffling Case Of Motorcycles In UK (The Motorcycle Obsession)
- Royal Enfield 15 Things You May Not Know (Dealer News)
- 9 Best Ways To Make Your Motorcycle Faster (Ride Apart)
- Google Maps For Motorcyclists (Wired)
|1 November, 2013 - Top Internet Stories - 1 November 2013|
|It is November and I am currently in Milan, Italy. Monday sees the start of Eicma, so I will be taking it easy this weekend. In the mean time to keep you busy this weekend before the onslaught of new motorcycles stories, here are a few articles that have appeared over the last week.|
- GET ON - A Guide To Riding Motorcycles For Women Who Think Too Much by Janet H. Green (The Many Thoughts Of Harleygirl)
- Indian Motorcycle Demo Day (Forty Years On Two Wheels)
- 5 Ways To Maintain Motorcycle (Motorcycle Thailand)
- Beating the traffic on a motorcycle taxi (Bikesure)
- If You've Got $350 And 2 Days, It's Really Easy To Learn How To Ride A Motorcycle (Business Insider)
|18 October, 2013 - Top Internet Stories - 18 October 2013|
|Almost the end of the month, and starting to get ready for the annual pilgrimage to the motorcycle Mecca; EICMA 2013. But in the mean time, here are a few motorcycle articles you may have missed over the last week.|
- The Best Ten-Dollar Movie In America (Revgirl)
- Dual Sport Adventure Touring Motorcycle Boot Review (Carla King Motorcycle Misadventures)
- Ventz Review (You Motorcycle)
|11 October, 2013 - Top Internet Stories - 11 October 2013|
|#Overview - Autumn is finally installed, and riding motorcycles has gotten more difficult with wet roads and leaves that make the roads slippery like an ice skate rink. To keep you amused, here are a couple of interesting motorcycle related articles that have appeared last week that you may have missed.|
- Toyota i-Road electric three-wheeler gets green light for early production (Gizmag)
- History of the Brand: HJC (Dealer News)
- Use Of Crowd Funding In The Motorcycle World Or How You Can Help (Motorcycle Blog From Jafrum)
- The Not So Secret Handshake (Behind Bars)
- Why Don't Your Motorcycle Photos Look This Good (The Kneeslider)
- 10 Best Steps To Winterize Your Motorcylce (Xmotorcycle)
|4 October, 2013 - Top Internet Stories - 4 October 2013|
|#Motorcycles - We're in October now, and still it is summer. Enjoying it while it lasts. But even with the great riding weather, I still found some interesting motorcycle articles that have appeared last week that you may have missed.|
- Royal Enfield Continental GT : First Ride (Zig Wheels)
- Get Off My Bike - Motorcycle Etiquette (Ride Apart)
- Tied Down: Motogates And Straps (Transworld Motocross)
|27 September, 2013 - Top Internet Stories - 27 September 2013|
|#Web #Overview #Motorcycles - End September and instead of it getting colder, it is becoming hotter. But I am not complaining. But enough about me, here are some interesting motorcycle related articles that have appeared since last week that you may have missed.|
- Do Women Really Need Special Helmets (Schuberth Blog)
- Book Review: Motorcycle Journeys Through New England (Canada Motoguide)
- How To Measure Motorcycle Cables (Vroom! The Dennis Kirk Blog)
- Motorcycle Camping Do’s & Don’ts (Motorcycle Blog From Jafrum)
|20 September, 2013 - Top Internet Stories - 20 September 2013|
|After a fast moving week in San Marino and the Misano MotoGP, and a few problems getting home, I've managed to wrestle through my in-box and catch up with my reading. Here are some interesting motorcycle relayed articles that you may have missed.|
- Beware Motorcycle Hard Bags for they Carry the Seven Deadly Sins (European Motorcycle Diaries)
- The Brotherhood of the Boardroom (US Rider News)
- Used and abused: Vertix Raptor-i wireless helmet communicator (Visor Down)
- French Study Investigates Danger Of Speed Limit Fixation (The Newspaper)
|13 September, 2013 - Top Internet Stories - 13 September 2013|
|While I have been having fun, but working very hard, in San Marino this week, I have been following what has been happening with regards to motorcycles articles. Here are some that may be of interest to you, and might have missed.|
- Bose Quiet Comfort 20 Review (WebBikeWorld)
- 2014 Ducati 899 Panigale is a Splendid “Supermid” [w/ Video] (Sub 5 Zero)
- How To Clean Your Motorbike And Biker Gear: Tips You Need To Know (You Motorcycle)
- Guide To Motorcycle Categories (Ride Apart)
|6 September, 2013 - Top Internet Stories - 6 September 2013|
|I am already on my way to San Marino and should be arriving there late Sunday night (I need to make a few stops along the way). Here are some interesting motorcycle related articles that have appeared during last week.|
- Travelogue: Across Bangadesh in 24 HOURS on Yamaha Fazer, a 1000kms Story (Bike Advice)
- 2014 Honda Grom Review: Small Bike, Big Thrills (About Motorcycles)
- The Safest And Most Dangerous Cities For Motorcycle Riding (Motorcycle Blog From Jafrum)
- Top 5 Bikes for Actual Badasses – Experienced Riders Only (Ride Apart)
|30 August, 2013 - Top Internet Stories - 30 August 2013|
|August is over, and we are ready for fall. I am working like crazy since I will be on a long trip end next week. More news later next week. In the mean time, here are some interesting motorcycle related articles that have appeared last week for your reading pleasure.|
- 25 Motorcycles You Wish You Were Riding (List 25)
- Sports That Can Be Combined With Motorcycle Racing (Lot Of Laughters)
- Dead Batteries In China (Beijing Electric Bike Tours)
- Midlands BT Next Multi Rider Intercom : Review (Zig Wheels)
- How To Avoid Motorcycles Potatos Or Anything Harley This Weekend (JS Online)
|23 August, 2013 - Top Internet Stories - 23 August 2013|
|Summer had problems coming, but now it is compensating by having problems going; Good. More motorcycle riding time. But I have also found a couple of interesting articles over the last week for your enjoyment that you may have missed|
- Top 10 Reasons Why Motorcycles are better than Cars (Techprone)
- Jds Biker Movie Reviews The Wild Angels (Bikers Report)
- Long Distance Motorcycle Riding Tips Staying Awake (Motorcycle Blog From Jafrum)
- Toby Moody Crutchlow Is What Ducati Needs (Autosport)
|16 August, 2013 - Top Internet Stories - 16 August 2013|
|Summer is starting to disappear, so get whatever motorcycle rides you can get. But despite the nice riding weather, I still managed to find a few interesting articles for your reading pleasure that have appeared over the last seven days.|
- Getting Caught In Rain On Motorcycle (Lost Motorcyclist)
- Uk One Five Admits Drug Driving (TISPOL)
- A Leap In The Dark? Why Cal Crutchlow's Move To Ducati May Be Smarter Than It Looks (Motomatters)
- The Most Detailed Motorcycle Tour Book You'll Ever Need (Passes And Canyons Blog)
- The Top 10 motorcycling myths (Visor Down)
- After The Apocalypse You Can Still Run Your Motorcycle On Wood Gas (The Kneeslider)
|9 August, 2013 - Top Internet Stories - 9 August 2013|
|While in the road for a week, with little or no internet access at times, I did manage to read some interesting or funny motorcycle related articles which I want to share with you. Here is a week's worth of articles.|
- Filming With Your Gopro? Here Are A Few Tips For e-Scooter Riders (Beijing Electric Bike Tours)
- How To Avoid Back Pains On Your Motorcycle Ride (Motorcycle Blog From Jafrum)
- Uk One Five Admits Drug Driving (TISPOL)
|2 August, 2013 - Top Internet Stories - 2 August 2013|
|We are now in the real last month of summer, and after that it is downhill. But great motorcycle related stories do not stop. Here are a few I have been reading over the last week.|
- Motorcycle futurism: space age dreams come to life on two wheels (The Verge)
- Help How Do I Pack For Sturgis (Biker Chick News)
- What Exactly Is Horsepower, Anyway (Jalopnik)
- Camping On A Motorcycle And The Dangers Of Fires (Motorcycle Blog From Jafrum)
|26 July, 2013 - Top Internet Stories - 26 July 2013|
|Time is flying and the summer still has one month left, but that month is going to be with a lot of gusto. Boy that was some heat we had. Here are some interesting motorcycle relayed articles that have appeared over the last week.|
- 2014 Motus MST And MSTR Revealed (Motorcycle.Com The Sidecar)
- Bikers Rousted At Northern Ariz. Rally Sue Police (San Francisco Chronicle)
- The Easiest Motorcycles For Short Riders (Ride Apart)
- Book Review: Zen And The Art Of Motorcycle Maintenance (Anglophiletoad)
|19 July, 2013 - Top Internet Stories - 19 July 2013|
|Things are heating up for the summer; hotter sun, no clouds and fantastic riding weather. But there is also time to read interesting motorcycle related articles on the web. Here are some which have appeared over the last week.|
- ViaTerra Fly Camera Tank Bag: Review (Zig Wheels)
- Using A Motorcycle To Start A Fire (Moto Lady)
- Gear Ogio Renegade Rss 17 Backpack (Ride Apart)
- Valentino Rossi questions Sachsenring safety (Autosport.Com)
- My Schuberth C3 Helmet: A Year And 10000 Miles Later (Carla King Motorcycle Misadventures)
|12 July, 2013 - Top Internet Stories - 12 July 2013|
|I had a fun week, did you? I hope you enjoyed my rather lengthy Zero DS review articles? But I did have time to read some interesting motorcycle related articles which I want to share with you.|
- Why Honda Is Greater Than Harley (Ric's Epic Fail)
- 5 Ways to Help Your Kids Stay Safe on Their Motorcycle (You Motorcycle)
- 10 Most Best Selling Bikes In India All Time (The Top 10)
- Riding Tip: Trusting The Torque of the Motorcycle (Jimmy Lewis Off Road)
- Buying A Motorcycle Helmet – What to Look out For (Get On)
|5 July, 2013 - Top Internet Stories - 5 July 2013|
|Still not summer. But at least I've been playing with the Zero motorcycle all that time. Here are a few motorcycle related articles that have appeared over the last week that may amuse you.|
- A day in pictures: Melbourne's motorcycle paramedics (Gizmag)
- Motorcycle Safety Information (Motorcycle)
- Twistyrides Iphone Cradle Review Part 1 (London Bikers)
- New Motorcycles With A Throwback Feel (Guyism)
- Who's A Newbie (Geezer With A Grudge)
|28 June, 2013 - Top Internet Stories - 28 June 2013|
|The weather has cleared, TTL, and now I'm spending every waking moment on the Zero DS review. But still had some time to read some interesting motorcycle related articles, that I want to share with you.|
- 3D Printing And The Motorcycle World (Motorcycle Blog From Jafrum)
- Speakers In My Helmet, Is This A Good Idea (Two Tire Tirade)
- Gypsy It Up (Northwest Harley Blog)
- Money Saving Tips For Motorcyclists (Bikesure)
|21 June, 2013 - Top Internet Stories - 21 June 2013|
|Friday 21st of June, and still no real summer, apart from some hot hours followed by thunderstorms followed by cold weather. Oh well, at least it's the day of music today. Here are some motorcycle related articles that have appeared on the www which you may have missed.|
- How Motorcycle Helmets For Women Are The New Fashion Statement (Michael Padway And Associates)
- Comparing Two R1200Gs Oil Water (Bikers Cafe)
- The 10 Best Motorcycles For Carrying A Passenger (Ride Apart)
- The Care & Feeding of Textile Riding Gear (Motorcyclist)
|14 June, 2013 - Top Internet Stories - 14 June 2013|
|Anytime now! Anytime you want dear God, give us some warm weather and sunshine. In the mean time, here are some motorcycle articles that have appeared during the week that you may have missed.|
- Stay Cool: The Best Motorcycle Gear For Hot Weather Riding (Motorcycle Blog From Jafrum)
- A Beginners Guide To Motorcycle Gear (Ride Apart)
- Book Review: Ride On By Joseph Fehlen (Apprentice 2 Jesus)
- Book Review Red Tape And White Knuckles (Canada Motoguide)
|7 June, 2013 - Top Internet Stories - 7 July 2013|
|While you are reading this, I'm probably out playing with my new motorcycle, the Honda GL1800. But in the mean time, there have been several interesting motorcycles articles appearing, here are a few you may have missed.|
- Using Technology For Safer Riding With Children (Schuberth Blog)
- The Future Of Motorcycle Instruments (Ride Apart)
- Eye In The Sky Police Nab Naughty Motorcyclists (About Motorcycles)
- How To Clean A Motorcycle Helmet The Right Way (Motorcycle Blog From Jafrum)
|31 May, 2013 - Top Internet Stories - 31 April 2013|
|Tomorrow is June, and I'm thinking about trading in my motorcycles for submarines or jet skis. I'd get more use out of them with this weather. So I've been reading a lot of motorcycle articles on the internet, here are a few you may have missed.
- Honda Releases First Image Of Production (Motomatters)|
- Why I Ride A Slow Uncomfortable Unreliable Noisy Motorcycle (Ride Apart)
- Lewis Hamilton Talks Of His Secret Love For Motogp (Motorbiketimes)
- Summer Motorcycle Riding Tips (Bikesure)
- What To Do After A Motorcycle Accident (Motorcycle Blog From Jafrum)
- Why Motogp Must Try A Bit Of Proactive Promotion (Autosport)
|24 May, 2013 - Top Internet Stories - 24 May 2013|
|Who knows, maybe we will eventually get summer. I just hope this year summer will fall on a weekend. Here are a few motorcycle related article you may have missed this week.|
- Motorcycling And Sex, Yup Lots In Common (The Chronicles Of Rania)
- 10 most expensive production motorcycles in the world (Zig Wheels)
- How To Plan A Motorcycle Trip (Ride Apart)
- What Is Horsepower And Torque (The Kneeslider)
|17 May, 2013 - Top Internet Stories - 17 May 2013|
|I'm on the road, somewhere dusting the road, clocking up speeding fines and not enjoying the bad weather we've got in Europe. But to keep you amused, here are several motorcycle related articles that have appeared during the last week that you may have missed.
- Great American Motorcycle Road Trip Usa Four Corners Tour (Motorcycle Blog From Jafrum)|
- Backpacks On Motorcycles: Life Savers Or Back Breakers (About Motorcycles)
- Sidi Motorcycle Boots Review (Michael Padway And Associates)
- The Basics Of Motorcycle Protective Gear (Self Sufficient Slackers)
|10 May, 2013 - Top Internet Stories - 10 May 2013|
|The weather just doesn't want to cooperate, and have a few weeks of heavy travelling coming up. Here are a few interesting motorcycle related articles that have appeared last 7 days that you may have missed.|
- 2014 Ducati 1199 Panigale R (Autoblog)
- What I Look At When Choosing Motorcycle (The Reclusive Rider)
- How To Get A Motorcycle License (Ride Apart)
- Dress for the Crash, Not for the Ride – Motorcycle Gear 101 (Competition Accessories)
- Remember When Motorcycles Were Targeted At Doctors? (Jalopnik)
|3 May, 2013 - Top Internet Stories - 3 May 2013|
|I hope you all survived me taking a day off this week. Here's what happened that may interest you with regards to motorcycle stories over the last seven days.|
- Living with Glass, Day Four: Canyon Carving (Engadget)
- Interview with Sergi Sendra, Director of Dorna Sports TV Production (Motomatters)
- NYPD Loses Evidence High Profile Case Article (Daily News)
- Signs Of Motorcycle Tourism (Bikers Report)
- Bluetooth Compatibility (Webbikeworld)
- Biking on a Budget - The Budget Biker (Motorcycle Cruiser)
|26 April, 2013 - Top Internet Stories - 26 April 2013|
|Spring is really here, and so is my hay fever. Riding motorcycle while sneezing is not fun. Anyway, here are a few motorcycle articles that have appeared during last week that you may want to read.|
- The Basics on How to Break in Your Bike (Motorcyclist)
- Foreign Motorcycle Insurance (Michael Padway And Associates)
- Top 10 Commuter Bikes (The Telegraph)
|19 April, 2013 - Top Internet Stories - 19 April 2013|
|Spring is playing hide & seek with me, but at least there's been a steady supply of interesting motorcycle related articles appearing in my browser. Here are a few from this week.|
- Routine Motorcycle Maintenance | An Ounce Of Prevention (Motorcycle Cruiser)
- Does Riding A Motorcycle Reduce Your Sperm Count (Wehoville)
- Women Motorcycling Alone And Why Every Female Should Try It (Ride Like A Girl)
- Long Distance Motorcycle Riding (Motorcycle Blog From Jafrum)
- Tough Biker Image (Two Tire Tirade)
- Backmarker: Interview With Andrew Wheeler (Motorcycle Usa)
|12 April, 2013 - Top Internet Stories - 12 April 2013|
|Looks like spring has finally arrived. There's more motorcycle riding going on, and less motorcycle articles to be found on the world wide web. Here are a few I found during last week that may interest you.|
- 15 Tips For Riding A Motorcycle In The Rain (Motorcycle Blog From Jafrum)
- How-To Adventure Prep Your Bike: Before You Go (Motorcyclist)
- Rideapart Review Star Bolt (Hell For Leather Magazine)
|5 April, 2013 - Top Internet Stories - 5 April 2013|
|Will the winter ever end? Cabin fever and PMS suffering to the extreme. Anyway, here are a few motorcycle articles that have appeared during last week to keep you busy in case you can't ride your motorcycle.
- Xena XX10 Motorcycle Disc Lock Alarm (Webbikeworld)|
- Spotted Royal Enfield Cafe Racer Caught Testing (Bike Advice)
- Ice Cream Sandwich Motorcycle Revving Up For Launch (Washington City Paper)
- One Of The Many Possible Reasons Car Drivers Do Not See Motorcycles (Motorcycle Blog From Jafrum)
|29 March, 2013 - Top Internet Stories - 29 March 2013|
|I might as well be writing January, because end of March and we are still seeing snow. What happened to global warming? Anyway, here are some motorcycle related articles to keep you warm.|
- Review: Ogio No Drag Mach 5 Backpack (Motorcycle Blog From Jafrum)
- Kevin Ash (1959 -2013) - Tributes (Ash On Bikes)
- How To Prepare Your Bike For Adventure Part 1 (Hell For Leather Magazine)
- How To Impress A Race Fan (Revgirl)
|22 March, 2013 - Top Internet Stories - 22 March 2013|
|It's officially spring, but in this side of the world, you wouldn't notice it. It's still (unusually) freezing. Here are a few motorcycle related articles that have been appearing over the last few days for your amusement.|
- Museo Ducati Book Review (Ducati News Today)
- How To Convince Your Wife Or Girlfriend To Let You Ride (City Biker Blog)
- Everybody Has Their Own Sense Of Style (The Motoworld Blog)
- Mandatory Helmet Law A Good Thing Or An Evil Thing (Motorcycle Blog From Jafrum)
|15 March, 2013 - Top Internet Stories - 15 March 2013|
|Almost spring time and have just sat through the worst snow blizzard in my lifetime. Will it ever end this winter? In the mean time here are some interesting motorcycle related articles I've been reading snuggled up to the fire.|
- Motorcycle Racing vs Social Media: How Dorna Could Turn Losing The Battle Into Winning The War (Motomatters)
- God on Two Wheels: Motorcycle Missionaries (Riding Vintage)
- Tips to prepare for Road Trips (Zig Wheels)
|8 March, 2013 - Top Internet Stories - 8 March 2013|
|I'm getting antsy for the full riding season, so far riding has been limited. But interesting motorcycle articles have been appearing over the last week, so here are a few of them for your reading pleasure.|
- A Visit To The Ktm Engine Plant (Ktm Blog)
- How Fashionable Do You Need To Be On A Motorcycle (Motorcycle Blog From Jafrum)
- Is Google Glass The Future For Motorcycles (Leatherup)
- Harley Davidson Financial Normalcy In Europe (Northwest Harley Blog)
- Making The Case For Motorcycle Commuting (Forbes)
|1 March, 2013 - Top Internet Stories - 1 March 2013|
|1st of March already, and almost spring time. Can't wait for the real riding season to start. Here are a couple of interesting motorcycle related articles you may have missed last week.|
- Anatomy Of A Motorcycle (Outdoor Canvas)
- The Psychology Of Motorcycle Racing & Sexual Performance (Real Road Racing Blog)
- The high price of fashion: Sena SMH10R review (Gizmag)
- Top 10 Riding Tips For Noobs (Motorcycle.Com The Sidecar)
- Isnt It Time For Us Motorcycle Racing To Evolve (Revgirl)
|1 March, 2013 - A Virtual Visit Of The Michelin Facilities - Very Nice|
|Many of you will never get the chance to visit the incredible Michelin museum. Michelin have been manufacturing motorcycle tires since there were motorcycles, and they have a history to be proud off.|
In the city of Clermont-Ferrand, Michelin have had their headquarters since the beginning (1888). In fact, most of the city is Michelin. One of its biggest attractions is the impressive and very big museum. But as I said, not many people get the chance to see this museum, until now...........
...........Click on the headline to continue reading this story.......
|22 February, 2013 - Top Internet Stories - 22 February 2013|
|Winter is still here, Pope is quitting, and it's too cold to ride. So here are some of the motorcycle articles I've been reading this week to keep myself warm.|
- How Mpg Is Effected While Towing A Trailer With A Motorcycle (Get Lost Trailers)
- Motorcycle Tour Above The Clouds In Ecuador (American Iron Magazine)
- E15 Fuel .... Are You Willing To Risk Your Motorcycle Engine (Competition Accessories)
|15 February, 2013 - Top Internet Stories - 15 February 2013|
|I hope you had a nice Valentine day, with lots of secret admirers. In the mean time, motorcycle articles didn't stop, so here are a few interesting ones I've been reading over the last week.|
- 10 Tips For Choosing A Motorcycle Helmet (Schuberth Blog)
- Buying A Pre Owned Used Motorcycle (Motorcycle Blog From Jafrum)
- Vigilantes Fighting Revenue Driven Traffic Enforcement (The Telegraph)
|8 February, 2013 - Top Internet Stories - 8 February 2013|
|While I figure out why my site is dying due to dwindling numbers and DNS problems, I have been reading some interesting motorcycle related articles during last week. Here are some of them for your amusement.|
- Deer Strikes (Northwest Harley Blog)
- Why I Ride (Cecilie's Moto Journal)
- One Of The Hidden Dangers Of Riding Motorcycle (Motorcycle Blog From Jafrum)
- Top 10 Ways To Stay Safe On Your (Kaki Moto)
- Real Life Superhero Patrols Argentine Streets Fights Crime On A Bajaj Pulsar 200 (Motorcycle.Com The Sidecar)
|1 February, 2013 - Top Internet Stories - 1 February 2013|
|Another week goes by, and another month has passed. Here are some interesting motorcycle-related articles you may have missed during the last 7 days.|
- 9 Life Lessons from the Shifter (Liz Jansen)
- Could London's Commuters Turn To The Motorbike (The Independent)
- Where The Pavement Ends (Road Runner)
|25 January, 2013 - Top Internet Stories - 25 January 2013|
|It was a sad week with the passing of esteemed colleague Kevin Ash, but life goes on, as do motorcycle articles. Here are several motorcycle related articles that have appeared last week that you may have missed.|
- Did you know…? Testing (Schuberth Blog)
- A small tribute... (MCN)
- How to Deal with Poor Customer Service from Bike Dealers and Service Centers (Bike Advice)
- Book Review: Conversations With A Motorcycle (For Love Of A Motorbike)
|18 January, 2013 - Top Internet Stories - 18 January 2013|
|Another very cold week, and week without being able to ride my motorcycle. So here are some motorcycle related articles that have appeared over the week that you may have missed.|
- Route 66 By Harley Davidson (The Telegraph)
- Police Riders Handbook To Better Motorcycling (Keep Britain Biking)
- The American Police Motorcycle Museum (Bikers Report)
- Mexico City's Motorcycle Reporters (Motorcycle Usa)
|11 January, 2013 - Top Internet Stories - 11 January 2013|
|First batch of the year 2013, including a few from last year when I was on holiday. Here are some motorcycle related articles you may have missed.|
- What Your Bike Color Says Not About You But To Birds (Motorcycle Blog From Jafrum)
- Motorcycling Review Of The Year 2012 (The Telegraph)
- Motorcycle News Goes Out Of Print As Porn Mag Sales Dwindle (News Biscuit)
- Buying An Electric Scooter Check Out This Guide (Beijing Electric Bike Tours)
- A guide to the motorbike gangs heading for the UK (The Guardian)
|14 December, 2012 - Top Internet Stories - 14 December 2012|
|Well, my birthday has come and gone, and I'm still alive; Now to wait and see if the world ends next week. If not, this is the last weekly overview of interesting motorcycle articles.|
- Review: Motorcycle Man By Kristen Ashley (Dear Author)
- What Happens When Police Officer Rides His First Electric Motorcycle (Torque News)
- Buying A Motorcycle In The Winter (Motorcycle Blog From Jafrum)
- Mad Dogs And Motorcycles (Reuters)
|7 December, 2012 - Top Internet Stories - 7 December 2012|
|For many of you the winter has already started, so you'll be longing for motorcycle stories while you dream of spring. Here are a couple I've been reading over the last week that you may have missed.|
- UClear HBC200 "Force" Intercom Review (Webbikeworld)
- Knobby Tire Christmas Wreath (Fuzzy Galore)
- Top Ten Tips For Buying An Electric Bike (Electric Bike)
- Optimizing Your Traffic Ticket Experience (Northwest Harley Blog)
- Riding A Motorcycle Japanese Style (Motoress Blog)
|30 November, 2012 - Top Internet Stories - 30 November 2012|
|One more month before the world ends, so better catch up with the latest motorcycle articles you may have missed. Here's one week worth of articles that I've been reading.|
- Are electric bikes the solution to Italy’s struggling motorcycle industry? (The Globe and Mail)
- MILAN MOTO FEAST: A FEEDING FRENZY (Motorcyclist)
- Things Motogp Can Learn From F1 Part 1: The Business Symposium (Motomatters)
- A 99 Percenters View Of Eicma 2012 (Hell For Leather Magazine)
- Chris Scott's Adventure Motorcycling Handbook Review (London Bikers)
|23 November, 2012 - Top Internet Stories - 23 November 2012|
|Another week has flown by and we are now into the real start of winter, although it's still fall. Cold and wet over here. Let's hope you had a great shopping Black Friday. Here's some of the news I've read that might interest you.|
- Wanting, Hoping, Praying Hayabusa (Asphalt And Rubber)
- Missing Hand Doesn Stop Motorcycling Passion (Ultimate Motorcycling)
- Motorcycle Quotations And Sayings (Motorcycle Blog From Jafrum)
|16 November, 2012 - Top Internet Stories - 16 November 2012|
|After a disastrous week, with mandatory and doctored ordered downtime, I did manage to do a lot of internet reading and found some interesting motorcycle articles that you may have missed.|
- New Motorcycle App Helps You Ride Faster, Turn Sharper, Brake Harder (Wired)
- Randy Mamola Speaks About Motogp Riding Styles (Cycleworld)
- We Are The Media: Blurring The Lines Between Print Digital And Social Media (American Sahara)
- Is Harley Davidson The New Kodak (Northwest Harley Blog)
|13 November, 2012 - France: 1 Region Warns About Speed Radars On Facebook - Courtesy Police|
|This is so strange that it's got to be true. In one region in France, the Var region, the Gendarmerie (the national police) have a Facebook page. So far, not so unusual, though you do not find many regional police forces with one. But what's really interesting is that they've started announcing their speed radar traps on their Facebook page.|
What they've said in their last posting, that "they'll pay a particular attention to the RN7 road, where there have been several incidents over the last 15 days"...........
...........Click on the headline to continue reading this story.......
|9 November, 2012 - Top Internet Stories - 9 November 2012|
|While I'm heading for Milan, Italy news does not stop. Here's the take for this week on interesting motorcycle related articles that may amuse you.|
- The Media Loves To Hate Motorcyclists (Michael Padway & Associates)
- James Bond Style Raid As Axe Wielding Bikers Storm Shopping Centre (The Telegraph)
- How to repair tubeless and tube tyre punctures (Zig Wheels)
- Buying Motorcycle Gear On A Budget (Motorcycle Blog From Jafrum)
- 2012 Triumph Scrambler Review (Motorcycle)
|2 November, 2012 - Top Internet Stories - 2 November 2012|
|Halloween has come and gone, and still suffering from sugar overloads. However, here are some interesting motorcycle related articles that have appeared in the last 2 weeks for your reading pleasure.|
- Following Ireland's motorcycle pioneer (Irish Times)
- Simon Says: Racing In The Wet And Rider Safety (Motovudu)
- 2012 Confederate X132 Hellcat Review (About Motorcycles)
|19 October, 2012 - Top Internet Stories - 19 October 2012|
|Another rainy week, and yet more to come. Impossible to ride a motorcycle unless it's a jet ski, so here are some motorcycle related articles you may have missed this week?|
- Motogp: How The Past Could Help The Future (Autosport)
- Motorcycle Helmets Funny Weird And Strange Ones (Motorcycle Blog From Jafrum)
- REVIEW: Ducati 1199 Panigale S - My Multiday Test - Comprehensive Impressions (Bmwsuperbikes)
|12 October, 2012 - Top Internet Stories - 12 October 2012|
|Two weeks' worth of motorcycle related articles that you may have missed.|
- The Man Who Saved Harley Davidson And Your Spine (Motorcycle Insurance)
- Video: Riding The Brammo Empulse R (Hell For Leather Magazine)
- 3D Printing Change Motorcycle Industry (Asphalt And Rubber)
- The Leg Wave (Moto Dna)
- For Some Drivers Electric Motorcycle Could Be The Best Of Both Worlds (New York Times)
|28 September, 2012 - Top Internet Stories - 29 September 2012|
|Just because I'm travelling doesn't mean I don't read motorcycles stories. Here are a few articles that have appeared over the last week.|
- Electric Cowboy rides Zero S, sets speed records on Bonneville Salt Flats (Autobloggreen)
- Los Angeles Fire Department tries out a motorcycle response unit (La Times)
- The American Superbike, Past Present And Future (Hell For Leather Magazine)
- I Hate Motorcycles (Road Captain Usa)
- Air Cav Troopers Conduct Motorcycle Mentorship Ride Learn About Safety (Defense Video & Imagery Distribution)
|21 September, 2012 - Top Internet Stories - 21 September 2012|
|On the day the new iPhone5 arrives, time to look at some interesting motorcycle related articles that have appeared over the last week.|
- 25 Creative And Amazing Motorcycles Designs (Dezine Guide)
- What's High Millage For A Motorcycle (Leatherup)
- 5 Tips For Motorcycle Travel (Across and Abroad)
|14 September, 2012 - Top Internet Stories - 14 September 2012|
|Two weeks have gone by, and all I could find where four motorcycle related articles that could be of interest to you. I guess I need to try harder.|
- A Motorcycle Wheel That Runs Like A Swiss Watch (Motorcycle Insurance)
- Lillian LaFrance The Girl Who Flirts With Death (One Handed Bikers)
- The experienced rider becomes paranoid (Fema)
- The Ten Coolest Police Sirens (Jalopnik)
|31 August, 2012 - Top Internet Stories - 31 August 2012|
|Last day of August, and it looks like the last day of summer and good motorcycle riding weather. So here's the latest crop of motorcycle related articles that I have been reading this week.|
- The Lightning Motorcycle Will Hit The Street (Examiner)
- Ktm 640 Adventure (Bikeexif)
- In This Electric Motorcycle Lies The Future Of Hoonage (Jalopnik)
|24 August, 2012 - Top Internet Stories - 24 August 2012|
|Here are the last few stories that have appeared during the week. End of summer is coming, and more people are spending time behind the computer, and not the motorcycle.|
- Top 5 Motorcycle Tours In Europe (Road Captain Usa)
- MotoGP: Casey Stoner is an inspiration, says Steve Parrish (BBC)
- Brammo Empulse: The Electric Motorcycle Has Finally Arrived (Hell For Leather Magazine)
- Top Ten Facts about motor oils (Zig Wheels)
- How to Ride a Motorcycle With Parts Missing (on you, not the bike) (One Handed Bikers)
|17 August, 2012 - Top Internet Stories - 17 August 2012|
|After a forced hiatus of 2 weeks, here are some of the interesting motorcycle stories I've been reading while I was waiting for the server transfer.|
- The Garmin GPS says this abandoned warehouse is a motel (Cecilie's Moto Journal)
- Latest Ethanol Mandate Raises Ire Of Motorcyclists (New York Times Wheels)
- Rossi: His Greatest Challenge Of All (Autosport)
- Airhawk Seats Overview And Buying Guide (Revzilla Blog)
- Rossi, Ducati And Yamaha: And The Winner Is... (Motomatters)
- Honda NC700X: The Swiss Army Knife Of Bikes (Hell For Leather Magazine)
|3 August, 2012 - Top Internet Stories - 3 August 2012|
|Summer is almost over, or maybe it is already, and finding interesting motorcycle articles is becoming more and more difficult. But here are three articles from the last two weeks that may interest you.|
- Dmitri Krioukov, Physicist, Writes Four Page Paper To Avoid Paying Traffic Ticket (Huffington Post)
- Ural Sidecar Motorcycle: A Way To Share Your Midlife Crisis (Wall Street Journal (Blog))
- Racing Is Money Wasted (Ash On Bikes)
|20 July, 2012 - Top Internet Stories - 20 July 2012|
|If you don't look at the calendar here in Europe, you'd never know it's mid-summer. But there are several interesting motorcycle related articles you may have missed over the last week, so here are some.|
- Rossi And Ducati: One More Chance (Autosport)
- 5 Ways To Stay Cool On A Motorcycle (About Motorcycles)
- Movie Review The Highest Pass (Sojourn Chronicles)
- Touring Tip Traveling Light (Cycle Trader)
- Helmets protect motorcyclists' faces, too (Chicago Tribune)
|13 July, 2012 - Top Internet Stories - 13 July 2012|
|Friday the 13th.. lucky or unlucky? Not for the stories I've found during last week that you may have missed, and might find interesting.|
- A Requiem for Better Days (Scott Jones)
- Important Tools For Your Motorcycle (Motorcycle News)
- Chaos and Grace of Riding a Motorbike in Vietnam (USA Today)
|6 July, 2012 - Top Internet Stories - 6 July 2012|
|Another week, another batch of good motorcycle related articles that you may have missed for whatever reason. |
- Women And Motorcycles Ridership Is On The Rise (Bangor Daily News)
- Electric Motorcycle Killer Apps (Asphalt And Rubber)
- What To Pack For Motorcycle Trip (Lady Ryder)
- Avoid These Three Motorcycle Faux Pas (2 Wheel Tuesday)
|29 June, 2012 - Top Internet Stories - 29 June 2012|
|Summer is here, or so they tell me. I spent more reading the internet than actually riding, since it's raining the whole time. Here are some interesting motorcycle related articles you may have missed.|
- Pinterest Not Manly Enough For Harley Davidson (Northwest Harley Blog)
- Motorcycle Travel Photography (On Two Wheels)
- Motorcycle Protest (Hustles in Brussels)
|22 June, 2012 - Top Internet Stories - 22 June 2012|
|It's officially summer now, so most of you'll be riding your motorcycle, or cutting the grass. Here are some motorcycle related stories you may have missed over the last week. |
- Photographer's Blog: This Is No Sport For Old Men (Motomatters)
- Five More Ways To Cheat Death On A Motorcycle (About Motorcycles)
- How The Coppers Pick Their Motorcycles (Motorcycle Insurance)
- Results-The 2012 Women Motorcyclist Survey (Part 1) (Revgirl)
- Results-The 2012 Women Motorcyclist Survey (Part 2) (Revgirl)
|15 June, 2012 - Top Internet Stories - 15 June 2012|
|A week's worth of reading motorcycle articles on the internet, and this is what I came up with that may be of interest to you. |
- Preparing For Worst - Just In Case (Cecilie's Moto Journal)
- Five Ways To Cheat Death On A Motorcycle (About Motorcycles)
- How To Save Your Motorcycle Engine From Overheating (2 Wheel Tuesday)
- Whats The Best Bike For A Dad To Ride (City Biker Blog)
|8 June, 2012 - Top Internet Stories - 8 June 2012|
|Here are some interesting motorcycle related articles that have appeared on the internet over the last 7 days that you may have missed. |
- Motorcycle Honeymoon Phase Over? Where to now? (Motoress Blog)
- Touring Tip: Packing Your Bike Properly (Cycle Trader)
- Why Isle of Man TT racers are a different breed (Mirror)
- How The Hells Angels Motorcycle Club Works (How Stuff Works)
|1 June, 2012 - Top Internet Stories - 1 June 2012|
|Here are some interesting motorcycle stories found on the internet. Looks like we're in camping season, 2 out of 3 are motorcycle camping related..|
- Blu-Ray Review: Girl On A Motorcycle (Twitch)
- Gluten Free Motorcycle Camping Food (Cecilie's Moto Journal)
- Joys Of Camping: Honey, I Shrunk Our Stuff (CycleTrader)
|25 May, 2012 - Top Internet Stories - 25 May 2012|
|Come and get it while it's still hot. Here are some interesting motorcycle articles that have appeared on the world wide web over the last week. |
- The do-it-yourself bike cleaning/polishing guide (Zig Wheels)
- Bridgestone Motorcycle Tire Guide (Revzilla Blog)
- Motorcycle Sign Language For Passengers (Bonnie Lee Panda)
|18 May, 2012 - Top Internet Stories - 18 May 2012|
|Here are some interesting motorcycle related articles you may have missed during the last week that could amuse you. |
- Riding in a Group: Rules and Etiquette (Zig Wheels)
- A History Of The BMW Motorcycle (Motorcycle Insurance)
- The Things Bikers Need To Have In Their Garage (Motorcycle Blog From Jafrum)
- World's Only Vincent Museum (Southsiders)
- A Fly In My Eye: Why Electric Motorcycles Are Stupid (2 Wheel Tuesday)
- Women, Motorcycles And The Road To Empowerment (Sojourn Chronicles)
- Too Much Oil In Your Motorcycle Engine (Motorcycle Thailand)
- E Bike Ennui? I May Have The Cure (RevGirl)
|11 May, 2012 - Top Internet Stories - 11 May 2012|
|A week has gone by since last round-up of motorcycle articles you may have missed. Here's this week's batch. |
- Drivers unaware lane splitting is legal (Orange County Register)
- Even Most Simple Rides Require Planning (Cecilie's Moto Journal)
- A Lot Like Polo, Only Faster and With Beer (New York Times)
|9 May, 2012 - Know Where To Ride Motorcycles In Northern California|
|There are lots of sites out there that have route descriptions for great motorcycle rides, almost all using crowdsourcing. But here's a site that will tell you very well where to ride in Northern California, and all the rides have been created by several knowledgeable local "guides". |
The site, MotoSFO, was created under the leadership of Carla King, well known adventure rider and author. Together with several other, mostly female, bikers she's put together a comprehensive database of routes to put your motorcycle on when you are in Northern California.
The itineraries are not some generic database, but a well laid out travelogue of the route. There are the inescapable Google Maps with the actual route, but also the recommended restaurants and hotels/B&Bs.
Click on the headline to continue reading this story.......
|4 May, 2012 - Top Internet Stories - 4 May 2012|
|It wasn't all BMW erect penis and Japanese Harley-Davidson swimming the Pacific ocean, there were other motorcycle stories doing the rounds of the internet during the last 7 days. Here are some interesting ones.|
- Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350 Review by Senthilkumar Balu (Bike Advice)
- PRODUCT REVIEW: Interphone F5 Motorcycle Communications System (A New Motorcycle For Sturgis)
- Smartphone Cameras (Ride With Tech)<
|3 May, 2012 - Electric Motion New Web Site|
|The French manufacturer of electric trial motorcycles, Electric Motion, has a new website. The company got in the news recently because the first backflip accomplished with an electric motorcycle was done on their bike, an EM 5.7. |
Despite having only one product, they have a busy web site. Unfortunately, the site is in French only.
The EM 5.7 electric trial bike has already started in the competition circuits. The bike itself has 14 hp and 22 Nm torque for 72 kilos. The motorcycle can get you up to a speed of 55 kph, more than enough for this sport category. The battery will last 40 to 180 minutes, again enough to compete in trial competitions. The brushless engine is air cooled.
Click on the headline to continue reading this story.......
|27 April, 2012 - Top Internet Stories - 27 April 2012|
|Here's the last batch for April of interesting motorcycle related stories that have appeared over the last 7 days or so. |
- The Problem With GoPro (No Baffles)
- Photographer's Blog: The Voices Of MotoGP (Motomatters)
- AWD vs. One Wheel Drive: Audi TT RS Plus pitted against Ducati 1199 Panigale S (AutoBlog)
- Sena SMH5 Bluetooth Motorcycle Headset Review Part 1: Helmet Install (FootShifted)
|20 April, 2012 - Top Internet Stores - 20 April 2012|
|Two weeks worth of interesting motorcycle articles that have appeared, like magic, on the world wide web. |
- Miss Adventures On A Motorcycle (Jeanie Davison)
- The Truth About Motorcycle Helmets Styles And Dot, Snell, Ece, Bci, Ratings (Examiner)
- Motorcycle safety tips for riding in traffic (Zigwheels)
- Schuberth S2 Helmet Review (Revzilla Blog)
|6 April, 2012 - Top Internet Stories - 6 April 2012|
|After all the excitement of the April fool jokes, here are some interesting motorcycle articles that have appeared over the last week or so that you may like.|
- 10 Great Commuter Motorcycles Under $10,000 (About Motorcycles)
- Shopping For A Used Motorcycle (Cycle Trader)
- And Then Came Bronsen: The Quintessential Roadtrip In DVD (Motorcycle Misadventures)
- Why I Think Motorcyclists Die And How We Can Honor A Dead Man By Keeping Others Alive (Marion Patch)
|30 March, 2012 - Top Internet Stories - 30 March 2012|
|Here are some motorcycle related articles that you may have missed over the last week that you may want to read. |
- Masterpiece: The most exquisite production bike in the world (MotoLiam)
- The 8 Most Common Motorcycle Injuries And How To Avoid Them (Motorcycle Insurance)
- Up-Close with the 2012 Zero S ZF9 (Asphalt And Rubber)
|23 March, 2012 - Top Internet Stories - 23 March 2012|
|Here's a week worth of interesting motorcycle articles I've found on the internet for your reading pleasure. |
- Rising gas prices give a jolt to sales of electric motorcycles (LA Times)
- Getting Ready For The Riding Season (Motorcycle Blog From Jafrum)
- What Would You Ride Thru A Zombie Apocalypse (City Biker Blog)
- Liberty Sport Biker Sunglasses (Midlife Motorcycle Madness)
|16 March, 2012 - Top Internet Stories - 16 March 2012|
|While most of the world is switching from and to daylight saving time, here are some motorcycle articles that have appeared in the last week that may be of interest to you. |
- Interview James May (Bikeexif)
- Ducati Panigale (Wired)
- MIC Forecasts Motorcycles Sales Decline 2012 (Asphalt And Rubber)
|9 March, 2012 - Top Internet Stories - 9 March 2012|
|Here are two weeks worth of interesting, motorcycle-related, articles that I have found which may be of interest to you. |
- 9 Things You Really Shouldnt Wear While Riding A Motorcycle (Motorcycle Insurance)
- Triumph Tiger Explorer Review (Ash on Bikes)
- What Makes An Adventure Traveller (Jeanie Davison)
- Distinctive Eye Protection For Bikers (Chessie's Tales)
- You Might Be A Motorcycle Chick If (Fuzzy Galore)
- Choosing A New Motorcycle Is Like Buying A Mail Order Bride (2 Wheel Tuesday)
|24 February, 2012 - Top Internet Stories - 24 February 2012|
|Here are some of the interesting motorcycle related articles that have appeared on the internet over the last 7 days that may interest you. |
- Motorcycle Dealership Worst Practices (No Baffles)
- The Fandango Tank Bag (Motorcycle Tripper)
- Shipping Your Motorcycle (Motorcycle Blog From Jafrum)
- Types Of Emissions And Their Effects (Bike Advice)
|22 February, 2012 - Site: Motorcycle Stories|
|There are many web sites out there that publish motorcycle articles; news, entertainment, reviews, etc. You'll find them in every country, and in every language. But here's a web site that is different. It doesn't publish articles reviewing the latest motorcycle color of the IZJH-873B model, nor does it publish anything about which midget racer won which 10cc motorcycle race in Tibet. |
No, this web site publishes stories. You know, stories like what you might find in magazines or books. The site, Bikesnadbuddies, is new, but they are planning to publish stories, fiction or not, about life on the road, motorcycles, friends & family. They've got two stories up, and they are worth the read.
They've got several writers (one of them being Gilby Clarke, the former guitarist for Guns 'n Roses) lined up to make the short stories, so watch their space. You can sign up for a newsletter that will give you their latest stories. They plan to publish a new story every 4 weeks.
Reading the stories already published on their site, they are well written, easy to read and fun.
|17 February, 2012 - Top Internet Stories - 17 February 2012|
|Just in case you missed these, here are some interesting motorcycle related articles I've read over the last week. |
- Riding And Yoga (Cecilie's Moto Journal)
- Ducati 1199 Panigale S (Ash On Bikes)
- Book Review: There & Back Again To See How (Redleg's Rides)
|10 February, 2012 - Top Internet Stories - 10 February 2012|
|Despite the intense cold, or maybe because of it, here are several interesting motorcycle related articles I've been reading over the last week that you may want to read. |
- 5 Reasons Not To Ride A Motorcycle Or Scooter In The Winter (Scooter In The Sticks)
- Riding Motorcycle In The Winter Part 3 (Motorcycle Blog From Jafrum)
- Nolan N104 Helmet Review (Revzilla Blog)
- Motorcycle-only Checkpoints Rev Up Controversy In Congress (LA Times)
|3 February, 2012 - Top Internet Stories - 3 February 2012|
|Here are some interesting motorcycle related articles found on the internet during the last week that you may have missed. |
- Dvd Review: EDR - A Mexican Motorcycle Adventure (Helmet Hair Blog)
- A Good Riding Position = Life Insurance (Auto123)
- The Lubrication Of Combustion Engines (Motorcycle Thailand)
|1 February, 2012 - France: 50% Discounted Gasoline|
|In these times of economic and financial hardships, when you have to think twice before going for a pleasure ride on your motorcycle, one company here in France has got an answer. |
They are offering 50% discount on gasoline. Not bad. The deal applies to selected gas stations in 9 cities (Paris, Lyon, Marseille, Nantes, Nice, Bordeaux, Strasbourg, Lille and Toulouse), and starts today at 10:00 CET.
|27 January, 2012 - Top Internet Stories - 27 January 2012|
|Well, come and get it... here are some motorcycle related articles that have appeared over the last week that you may have missed... |
- Images Of Hells Angels Taken By A Photographer Who Infiltrated The Famously Secretive Club In 1965 (Daily Mail)
- Proficient Motorcycling By David Hough (Road Captain Usa)
- How To Make Motorcycle Ad Photos (Helmet Hair Blog)
|26 January, 2012 - Motorcycle Tire Delivery Service - Worldwide|
|French/Swiss company Pneus-Online are going for world domination. They sell motorcycle tires on-line for less money than at garages, and they have an enormous network of garages and mobile workshops that will fit your tires for you. |
They are all over Europe (15,500 garages), Canada, shortly in the USA and Brazil, and more countries coming.
|20 January, 2012 - Top Internet Stories - 20 January 2012|
|Missed last week, but here are several motorcycle articles that have appeared over the last two weeks that may interest you. |
- 28 Of The Worlds Top Motorcycle Collections And Museums (Motorcycle Insurance)
- Riding Motorcycle In The Winter Part 1 (Motorcycle Blog From Jafrum)
- Riding Motorcycle In The Winter Part 2 (Motorcycle Blog From Jafrum)
- Buying Battery Charger - What To Look For (Motorcycle Thailand)
|18 January, 2012 - Fight SOPA! Do Your Bit Now. Here Is How|
|The proposed bill in the USA, called SOPA, is the biggest threat to the internet which we have seen since the internet started. SOPA will allow companies to shutdown websites, like this one, without a proper and legal due process. Targeted sites will not be able to defend themselves, and you will see many sites disappear. |
You can do something about it! Whether you live in the USA, or in another country, here is how to act, and here is what you can do! #SOPASTRIKE Stop #SOPA
|6 January, 2012 - Top Internet Stories - 6 January 2012|
|A new year has begun, and already there are loads of interesting motorcycle-related articles out there that you may have missed during the festivities. Here's a round-up of the last week.|
- Electric Motorcycles And Pedelecs In 2012 (Technologic Vehicles)
- How Wrenching On Your Own Bike Makes (The Great Motorcycle Pizza Tour)
- Preparing Your Motorcycle For The Winter (Motorcycle Blog From Jafrum)
- The 15 Best Motorcycle Roads In America (About Motorcycles)
- How Ducati Is Like Apple Redux (Ducati News Today)
|30 December, 2011 - Top Internet Stories - 30 December 2011|
|This is the last summary of interesting motorcycle articles found on the web for this year. Get it while you can... |
- Motorcycling 2011 Review (The Telegraph)
- Riding While Pregnant (Bluepoof's Adventures)
- A Motorcycle Is Not A Motorcycle Is Not A Motorcycle (The Freak Box)
- The Ultimate In Motorcycle Insurance Facts And Figures (Motorcycle Insurance)
|23 December, 2011 - Top Internet Stories - 23 December 2011|
|Two weeks worth of interesting motorcycle related articles I've been reading on the internet for your amusement. |
- Motorcycle Santa Ride 2011 - Long Island Style (Fuzzy Galore)
- Choose A Motorcycle That Fits (Allstate Blog)
- How Will CRT Work In MotoGP (Motorcycle USA)
- What Is A Cafe Racer (Leatherup)
- Motorcyclist's Legal Handbook (Road Captain Usa)
|9 December, 2011 - Top Internet Stories - 9 December 2011|
|Here are some interesting motorcycle related articles from the World Wide Web I've been reading over the last week. Maybe you missed them... |
- Harley Davidson Tries To Lose Its Geezer Appeal (NewsDay)
- Is It Safe To Travel The World (yTravel Blog)
- Off Track Issues Hint At Season Of Transition (BBC)
- Dakar Story 2000-2012 (Cyril Despres)
|2 December, 2011 - Top Internet Stories - 2 December 2011|
|Here are some of last week's interesting motorcycle articles you may have missed. |
- 10 Tips on Being a Sensible Rider (Bike Advice)
- Ural Takes A Giant Step Back With M70 Anniversary Edition (AutoBlog)
- Motorcycle Camping The Guide To Traveling Light And Rough On Your Bike (Motorcycle Insurance)
|18 November, 2011 - Top Internet Stories - 18 November 2011|
|Here are some of the more interesting motorcycle related articles I've found on the internet in the last few days that you may have missed. |
- Biking The Mediterranean (Jeanie Davison)
- The Five Most Common Beginner Mistakes In Motorcycling (About Motorcycles)
- Motorcycle Maintenance 101 (Rum Bum)
- How a Bike Becomes Everything From Nothing (Bike Advice)
- Staying alive at 55 ain't easy (IOL Motoring)
|4 November, 2011 - Top Internet Stories - 3 November 2011|
|While I'm plodding away towards Milan, here are some interesting motorcycle articles that have appeared recently that may interest you. |
- Top 20 Fastest Street Bikes World (Sub 5 Zero)
- Does What Kind Of Bike You Ride Determine Your Safety? The Statistics Say Yes (Motorcycle Insurance)
- 12 Motorcycle Maintenance Sites To Bookmark (Motorcycle Insurance)
- How Motorcycle Accidents Happen – And How to Avoid Them (Bike Advice)
|28 October, 2011 - Top Internet Stories - 28 October 2011|
|This is a special week, after the disaster that struck last Sunday at the MotoGP race in Malaysia, killing Marco Simoncelli. The first few top internet stories listed are of people who knew #58 and recount their memories of him. |
Then, to be in a better mood, I'll show a few interesting motorcycle related articles. Sad week....
- From Happy To Sad In Less Than 120 Minutes. Goodbye Marco (AutoMotoPhoto)
- 34x34: RIP Ciccio (Superbike Planet)
- Marco Simoncelli: MotoGP rider's career highlights (BBC)
- Addio, Marco Simoncelli (Eurosport)
- Toby Moody Remembers Marco Simoncelli (Autosport)
- How To Get Your Head Around Cold Weather Riding (Scooter in the Sticks)
- Top 10 Ways To Stay Safe On Your (Kakimoto)
- Top 5 Polishes For Motorbikes (Honda Motorcycle Blog)
|21 October, 2011 - Top Internet Stories - 21 October 2011|
|You may have missed these interesting motorcycle articles over the last few days, so here's your chance to catch up. |
- The Art Of The Wheelie (AutoBlog)
- Rosy's Motorcycle Blog: Why I Wanted Ride (Get On)
- JIS Screwdrivers (webBikeWorld)
- Top Ten Best Sounding Motorcycle Engines (Motorcycle.com)
- The 8 Coolest Fictional Motorcycle Gangs (Motorcycle Insurance)
|14 October, 2011 - Top Internet Stories - 14 October 2011|
|Come and read it while it's still hot. Here are the interesting motorcycle related articles I found on the net during the last few days. |
- Rising Petrol Costs Ways To Save Money (Get On)
- Basic Aid Case Emergencies (Bike Advice)
- End Of Proper Japanese Motorcycle In America (The Superbike Blog)
- San Francisco's All Lady Motorcycle Gang (BuzzFeed)
- Ducati-A Story Of The Superbike (2 Wheel Tuesday)
|3 October, 2011 - Getting Social With Famous Motorcycle Riders|
|Social networking has become the buzz in the last years. Twitter, Facebook and even Google + has become the place to follow your friends, but also people you don't know. Or even further, famous people. |
There are quite a lot of famous people who ride motorcycles (professionally, but also for leisure) who use social media to let you know what they are up to, what they are thinking.
Here's a list, not exhaustive, but growing, with all the social media addresses of famous motorcycle riding people I could find, plus those of companies and teams involved in the motorcycle world.
|30 September, 2011 - Top Internet Stories - 20 September 2011|
|On this incredibly warm day (hotter than during any day of summer), here are some motorcycle articles that you may have missed, and might want to read.|
- The Motorbike Suspension Bible (Car Bibles)
- This is how a delectably done up Royal Enfield Custom looks; Presenting the Dodo Motorcycle (IndianCarBikes)
- 7 Safety Tips Remember Overtaking Vehicles (Bike Advice)
- Suggestions: In A City Of Accidents And Traffic Jams Are Motorcycles Safer Than Buses (Tribune)
- 'MythBusters' asks: Are motorcycles greener than cars? (LA Times)
|23 September, 2011 - Top Internet Stories - 23 September 2011|
|Here are some interesting motorcycle articles found on the world wide web that you may have missed over the last week, and might enjoy. |
- Spot Satellite Messenger (Motorcyclist)
- I'm Biker Get Me Out Of Here (Box Hill or Bust)
- Why Ducati Isn't Winning Anymore (Autosport)
- 10 Essential Tips For Selling Your Motorcycle On Ebay (The Kneeslider)
|16 September, 2011 - Top Internet Stories - 16 September 2011|
|Sometime there's very little, sometimes a lot of interesting motorcycle articles on the internet. Here's two weeks worth of motorcycle articles I've been reading. |
- Armoured Harley-Davidson Motorcycle (Silodrome)
- No More Heros, No More Real Adventures - Or: Why Do You Want To Travel The World? (MyAdvenTours)
- My Best Accidents (The Independent)
- Playing It Safely On Your Motorcycle (Motorcycle Blog From Jafrum)
- Antil Lock Brakes Improve Bike Safety (The Telegraph)
|2 September, 2011 - Top Internet Stories - 2 September 2011|
|September already. Here are the last motorcycle articles read in August for your pleasure.|
- See A City From A Motorcycle Sidecar (Forbes)
- Sena SMH 10 Owner Report (WebBikeWorld)
- An Amateur Guide To Shooting Motorcycle Races (All About Bikes)
- Driver Visibility In Two Wheelers (Bike Advice)
|26 August, 2011 - Top Internet Stories - 26 August 2011|
|Here are some of the motorcycle stories I've found interesting that may be of interest to you. Found over the last 7 days. |
- MV Agusta Brutale 920 Review (The Telegraph)
- Motorcycle Sounds - Real Engineering, Not Chance (Motorcycle Blog From Jafrum)
- The Amazing History Of The Cafe Racer Bikes (ReDiff)
|24 August, 2011 - Find Out What A Motorcycle’s Real Fuel Consumption Is|
|Want to find out what that motorcycle you lust after really consume in fuel? You can't really trust what the manufacturers say, so find out what other bikers who have got the model use in fuel. |
Total Motorcycle list 5500 motorcycles over the years and their MPG (and liters per kilometer).
|19 August, 2011 - Top Internet Stories - 19 August 2011|
|I can't believe the summer is almost already over, and it hasn't even started yet over here. Anyway, here are some motorcycle articles that may be of interest to you that have appeared over the last week. |
- Manila By Motorcycle (Travel Up)
- Problems With Motorcycle Starter Motor (Motorcycle Thailand)
- Riding Safety: Motorcycle Riding In The Heat Means Staying Hydrated (Good Hands Community)
- How To Save Gas On A Motorcycle (About Motorcycles)
- Quick to boot up - TCX S-Race Air review (Momentum Blog)
- 10 Motorcycles For Our Fantasy Garage (Wired Autopia)
|18 August, 2011 - Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Facebook Edition|
|The two main resources for adventure motorcycle riders just to increased. There's the Advrider forum, the Adventure Motorcycle Magazine print edition (and electronic version), and now the magazine has a very interesting Facebook page full of interesting information for experienced, or budding, adventure motorcycle rider. |
|15 August, 2011 - Want To Buy A Military Motorcycle?|
|If you're in the market for military vehicles, including several motorcycles, there's a web site in the UK that specializes in selling/auctioning military vehicles as they come out of the British MOD. |
Here's a Harley-Davidson MT350 going for UK£675.
Sorry, no tanks (but I did see a half-track)...
|12 August, 2011 - Top Internet Stories - 12 August 2011|
|Here are a couple of motorcycle related stories I've been reading over the last week that may be of interest to you; Maybe you missed them... |
- Videos Of Traffic Jams From Around The World (Motorcycle Photo of the Day)
- From Alpinestars A Motorcycle Suit That Inflates To Protect The Rider (New York Times)
- Is There Room For The Unglamorous Motorcycle Chick In The World (Fuzzy Galore)
- Is Sturgis Going Stale? (Northwest Harley Blog)
|5 August, 2011 - Top Internet Stories - 5 August 2011|
|Here are some of the motorcycle stories I've been reading while traveling Northern Europe which you may find interesting.|
- 10 Things You Should Do Before Taking A Long Distance Ride (Keep The Rubber Side Down)
- India's First Dual Purpose/On-Off Road Spied (The Bike Chronicles Of India)
- Motorcycle Helmets May Cause Loss Of Hearing (Two Wheels Blog)
|22 July, 2011 - Top Internet Stories - 22 July 2011|
|I may be gone from my desk for the next 3 weeks, but still I hook up to the internet and read good motorcycle related stories. Here are some that may interest you. |
- AIRHAWK Seat Cushion Review (Bill Muneio)
- Tyre Requirements Two-Wheelers: A Detailed Article On Tyres (Bike Advice)
- So You Want My Job: Motorcycle Expedition Guide (Art of Manliness)
|15 July, 2011 - Top Internet Stories - 15 July 2011|
|Read'em while they're still fresh... here are some interesting motorcycle related articles found on the web over the last few days. |
- American Throttle Game When You Don't Have Wheels (Push'n'pavement)
- What Kind Of Bikes Will We Be Riding In The 2020s (Box Hill or Bust)
- How To Clean A Helmet (Wheels Guru)
- Motorcycle Takes On Bike On Tour De Frances Famous Alpe d'Huez (The National)
- Electric Superbikes The End Of Petrol Powered Machines (Metro)
|12 July, 2011 - Tour Paris On A Vespa Scooter|
|Visiting Paris on holiday (or even business). Here's a tip for you.... |
2 Wheel Tours offer Vespa scooter tours of the French capital. Up to 3 scooters with a guide, will navigate you through the French streets. No traffic jams, and a great way of seeing the city of lights.
|12 July, 2011 - Find Me On Google +|
|You can find my diatribes on the new social media from Google, Google +. |
If you've gotten yourself on Google ° (one of the 10 million estimated users by this weekend), you can follow me.
|8 July, 2011 - Top Internet Stories - 8 July 2011|
|Here are some interesting motorcycle articles that have appeared on the internet over the last few days that may be of interest to you.|
- ATGATT Includes Hearing Protection Chose Your Gear (Motorcycle Insight)
- Things I Learned Riding An Electric Motorcycle (About Motorcycles)
- Electric Roads To Charge Electric Cars (Brammo)
|1 July, 2011 - Royal Enfield Monthly Wallpaper|
|Not only does Royal Enfield make some of the most beautiful classical motorcycles, but they have each month some beautiful wallpaper for download. |
These free wallpapers for your computer feature a Royal Enfield motorcycle set in beautiful scenery and great photos. Different screen sizes are available.
So why stare at boring computer screen backgrounds... while you can have a beautiful motorcycle on it?
|24 June, 2011 - Top Internet Stories - 24 June 2012|
|Here are some motorcycle articles that you may have missed, but that may interest you nevertheless. |
- Harley Davidson Not Just Oldies (Holy Moly)
- Biker Stereotypes Are True: Harley Riders Hate Full Faced Helmets, Sportbike Riders Hate Pants (All About Bikes)
- For How Long Is A Motorcycle Helmet Okay (Motorcycle Blog From Jafrum)
|17 June, 2011 - Top Internet Stories - 17 June 2011|
|Another week, and another series of motorcycle articles you may have missed during the week. |
- 10 Notorious Motorcycle Gangs (How Stuff Works)
- Fixing A Motorcycle On A Budget (Lily Boys)
- Ducati Gp12 Technical Analysis (GP One)
|10 June, 2011 - Top Internet Stories - 10 June 2011|
|Here's the week catch of motorcycle articles that you may have missed and that could interest you. |
- 6 Things Nobody Tells You About Owning Motorcycle (Cracked)
- Motorcycle Beginner Diary: What I Love About Being A Motorcyclist (Motorcycle.Com The Sidecar)
- Are Motorcycles The New Republican Litmus Test (New York Times)
- BMW K1600 GTL:The Real Test Results (Motorcycle Insight)
|3 June, 2011 - Top Internet Stories - 3 June 2011|
|Couldn't find anything last week, but here's what I saw for the last two weeks on motorcycle stories that may (or not) interest you. |
- Electric Motorcycles - In With The New Or On With The Old? (Motorcycle Blog From Jafrum)
- Ducati Stars In National Geographic's New Megafactories Series (Auto Evolution)
- Concerns and Pride of Royal Enfield (Bike Advice)
- 10 Ways To Avoid Looking Like A Squid (About Motorcycles)
|13 May, 2011 - Top Internet Stories - 13 April 2011|
|Friday the 13th, and we dare come our with this week's top motorcycle articles.... did you play the lotto?? Here's what you may have missed on the WWW..|
- So You Ride Motorbike Then? (Box Hill or Bust)
- 10 Tips on How to Ride a New Bike (Bike Advice)
- Picking the Right 250cc Motorcycle: How To Get Started (Popular Mechanics)
- Motorcycle Towing Tips (Motorcycle)
|6 May, 2011 - Top Internet Stories - 6 April 2011|
|Here are some interesting motorcycle related articles that you may have missed on the busy internet of last week.|
- Motorcycle Safety Awareness Month (IronWorks)
- Importing Royal Enfield From India (Royal Enfield Motorcycles)
- Two Wheels Through Terror Book Review (On Two Wheels)
- 10 Points to Check Before Buying a Motorcycle (Powersports Warehouses)
|29 April, 2011 - Top Internet Stores - 29 April 2011|
|Here are some of the motorcycle related articles you may have missed over the last few days on the internet. |
- 2012 BMW K 1600 GT and GTL Review: Meet The New Boss (About Motorcycles)
- Do Harley Davidson And Apple Computer Have Something In Common (The Kneeslider)
- Drinking And Riding Is A Good Thing To Do (US Rider News)
- How To Ride A Motorcycle Taxi In Thailand Safely (Tasty Thailand)
|22 April, 2011 - Top Internet Stories - 22 April 2011|
| During the last two weeks, here are some motorcycle stories I've been reading that you may find of interest. |
- How To Ride A Motorcycle In The Dirt :10 Dirtbike Tips For Street Riders (About Motorcycles)
- A 10 Dont's of a Pillion Rider (Bike Advice)
- Lesson Pilots Can Teach Us About Riding (The Great Motorcycle Pizza Tour)
|8 April, 2011 - Survey: We Need Your Help - Men Only Please|
|This is a request for any male biker (18 years or older who can read/write English) to help out in an extensive survey being performed by the University of Akron (USA).... Psychology Department. |
As bikers we see our motorcycle as our mental therapy. We all know that you'll never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrist office. So the university is trying to figure us out.
So please help out and run the survey. It's lengthy, but for a good cause. You can also enter the raffle for a 64 Gb iPod.
|1 April, 2011 - Top Internet Stories - 1 April 2011|
|Here are some interesting motorcycle articles you may have missed over the last few days. |
- How To Jump Start A Motorcycle
- Motorcycle Ride Inspiration
- Guilty Customs Takes On German Engineering
|25 March, 2011 - Top Internet Stories - 25 March 2011|
|Here are some of the many motorcycle articles doing the rounds of the internet that you may have missed. |
- Gear Guide For Big Girls: Leather Jackets
- Never Judge Rider By Machine He/or She Rides
- The Impact Of Motus Mst On The American Motorcycle Market
|18 March, 2011 - Top Internet Stories - 18 March 2011|
|Here are two weeks worth of interesting motorcycles articles that have appeared that you may have missed. |
- ROK Straps The Alternative To Bungee Cords
- Real Women Read The Manual
- Roadside Reading: Lets' Ride
- 15 Motorcycle Insurance Discounts
- How The Canadian Government Motorcycle Industry Is Crushing Online Publishers
|17 March, 2011 - Moto Guzzi Heritage Blog|
|To celebrate the fact that they've just turned 90 years old, Moto Guzzi has created a blog that over the next 9 weeks, will be showing their history and motorcycles for each decade. One decade per week. |
But you can also upload photos of you and your Guzzi, including a short text why you love their motorcycles.
|2 March, 2011 - Earn Big Buck Or A Scholarship At RevZilla|
|Your chance to make some easy money at RevZlla. The motorcycle clothing shop is giving away money every month. All you need to do is fill out the rider profile. That's it. US$450 for the first monthly prize, 50 for the 2nd and 3rd. |
RevZilla are also donating US$1000 for a scholarship. You need to write a small (500-1000 word) essay how motorcycles have changed your life. Easy enough.
|25 February, 2011 - Top Internet Stories - 25 February 2011|
|Here are some interesting motorcycle articles that have appeared on the internet last week that you may have missed. |
- Motorcycle Helmets, What's Best
- 2 Wheeler Sales India
- Riding The Nurburgring Nordschleife - A Guide For Motorcycle Riders
- Learning To Ride A Bike
|24 February, 2011 - Motorcycle Ride Review Using Google Streetview|
|Daily Moto Rides, from Sunday Morning Rides, is a motorcycle ride database with a difference. |
Using Google's Streetview, it allows you to view proposed motorcycle itineraries around the world. You can decide whether this is a good ride to go on, or you can ride your virtual motorcycle along some of the best roads around the world without leaving your armchair.
|18 February, 2011 - Top Internet Stories - 18 February 2011|
|Don't blink, you may have missed these motorcycle stories this week. |
- 3 Slow Speed Skills That Will Make You Look Like A Badass Rider
- Outlaw Motorcycle Gang Vest
- Jim Mason's Biker Gang: Who Are The Outlaws?
|17 February, 2011 - Cycle News Goes Digital|
|The 40 year old American weekly motorcycle magazine, Cycle News, that disappeared a few months ago, has reappeared, but this time in a digital format. |
No more paper, no more snail mail delivery, full color, links, videos but full of ads, and you still got to pay for it.
Will it make it?
|11 February, 2011 - Top Internet Stories - 11 February 2011|
|Here are some motorcycle stories that may be on interest to you that have appeared over the last few days. |
- Take Another Look At Your Motorcycle Tires
- My Scenic Drives
- Roadside Reading: Biker's Handbook
|28 January, 2011 - Top Internet Stories - 28 January 2011|
|Here are some of the interesting motorcycle articles I've been reading over the last few days that may interest you. |
- Harley Davidson Found In Toilet
- Being A Passenger On A Bike
- Review: Motorcycle Travel Photography E-Books
- How To Photograph Supercross
|27 January, 2011 - Motorcycle Magazine On The iPad|
|The Dutch motorcycles news sites, Nieuwsmotor and Oliepeil, have had an electronic monthly motorcycle magazine available for some time now. |
hey have just released an iPad version of the monthly magazine. Full of pretty photos and videos, the only issue is that you'll need to be able to read Dutch...
|27 January, 2011 - Motorcycle Adventure Travel Film Festival|
|Did you know that we have our own Film Festival? |
No snobby high-brow affair like Cannes or Sundance, but on a camping ground in the USA and UK, we get to see our own Adventure Travel Movies and Documentaries.
Sound like fun...
|18 January, 2011 - Gas Prices On The Rise! Where To Find Cheap Gasoline|
|Fuel for our motorcycles is rising, and will continue forever. There's no stopping now, and the days of cheap fuel are over. |
To help you find the cheapest fuel around for your motorcycles, here's a list of sites around the world that tell you where to find cheap fuel.
|14 January, 2011 - Top Internet Stories - 14 January 2011|
|Here's the week's catch with regards to motorcycle stories doing to round on the internet that may interest you.|
- Motorcycle Subculture Of Sri Lanka
- Ethanol Fuel; A Bio Friend Or Foe
- 5 Things For The Snowed In Motorcyclist To Do
|7 January, 2011 - Top Internet Stories - 7 January 2011|
|2011 already. Here's the first Top Internet Stories of the new year. These are motorcycle related articles that I have been reading that you may enjoy. |
- American Biker Book Review
- Number Of Motorcycle Dealers Drops
- Whos The Real Biker
|17 December, 2010 - Top Internet Stories - 17 December 2010|
|Here we go, the last two weeks worth of motorcycles articles that I've been reading and want to share with you. Not much, but that doesn't mean that there was nothing interesting going on. |
- Top 5 Ways To Blow Away Your Winter Motorcycle Blues
- So You Wanna Buy Your Wife a Bike?
- Motorcycle Club Members And Weekend Warriors Seeking The Freedom Of The Road Face Dangerous Curves On And Off Dallas Streets
|17 December, 2010 - Web: Find The Best Motorcycle|
|FindTheBest.com have a very nice motorcycle comparison web site. It allows you very simply to compare motorcycles, with many selection criteria to choose from. |
If you're in the market for a new motorcycle, but haven't made up your mind which one, this site will make your choice a lot easier.
|6 December, 2010 - Find Out Which Motorcycle Is Best For Your Physically|
|Here's a very interesting website that shows you which motorcycle are best made for you physically. |
Enter you measures (height, inseam, etc), and the site (Ergo-Cycle.com) draws you sitting on the motorcycle you choose.
You can see your lean angle, if your feet will touch the ground, etc. Very nice!
|3 December, 2010 - Top Internet Stories - 3 December 2010|
|Here are some interesting motorcycle articles that I have been reading over the last week that may interest you. |
- How To Stay Warm On Your Motorcycle
- How To Remove Motorcycle Grips Without Destroying Them
- Ten Worst Things You Dont Want To Hear from Your Moto Service Manager
- Harley Davidson Museum Masterpieces - Book Review
- The Pros and Cons of Inflating Tyres with Nitrogen Gas
|1 December, 2010 - France: Dedicated Motorcycle Bookshop|
|The first motorcycle-only book store is opening its doors in Paris this coming Friday. |
Motorcycle related books, DVDs, cartoons and scale models. Just in time for Christmas.
|26 November, 2010 - Top Internet Stories - 26 November 2010|
|While it is unseasonably cold over here in Normandy, and the first snow has hit the country side, here's what I have been reading that my interest you. |
- Scuderia Ferrari Motorcycle Racing
- GPR Steering Stabilizers: Stop Shaking That Head
- Worst Moment
|12 November, 2010 - Top Internet Stories - 12 November 2010|
|Here are a few motorcycle articles I've been reading over the last weeks that may interest you. For a change, all stories come from the same website. |
- Long Stroke and Short Stroke Engines - Explained in Detail
- Top 10 Expensive Vintage Motorcycles
- Lamborghini Design 90 - One of the Rarest Motorcycles in the World
|8 November, 2010 - FIM: Vote For The Motorcycle Rider Of The Year|
|FIM, the International Motorcycle Federation are organizing their annual motorcycle rider of the year event, and are asking for your votes. |
Three categories, it'll take you less than a minute. But for your time, you stand the chance of winning a prize, including a Tag Heuer watch.
|28 October, 2010 - General Motorcycle Knowledge Quiz #6|
|It's been a while, but finally here the next one. Quiz #06... test your general motorcycle knowledge. |
If you've got a good quiz question, send it to me, but please, also send the answer...
|22 October, 2010 - Top Internet Stories - 22 October 2010|
|Here are some interesting motorcycle articles I've been reading last week. |
- 10 Great Motorcycle Trips
- The Top 5 Fastest Bikes For Indian Roads
- Electronic Transmissions On Motorcycles .. Why
- The Great Ethanol Scam And Your Motorcycle Engine: Get Worried
|15 October, 2010 - Top Internet Stories - 15 October 2010|
|Here are a few motorcycle articles I've been reading that may interest you. |
- Instamapper: Free Real Time Ride Tracking On Your Smartphone
- Nolan N43 Helmet Review
- Nice Supercar. Now Eat My Dust.
|13 October, 2010 - France: Motorcycle Magazine Adds Web TV|
|The French weekly motorcycle magazine, Moto Journal, has created a Web TV site full of videos of motorcycles. |
Tests and funny motorcycle videos can be seen here.
|8 October, 2010 - Top Internet Stories - 8 October 2010|
|Don't blink, you may have missed these motorcycle articles last week. |
- Motorcycle GPS Cases: Givi Versus Arkon
- BMW G450X Off Road Test
- Cold Weather Bike Prep
|1 October, 2010 - Top Internet Stories - 1 October 2010|
|Here's the motorcycle stories I've been reading over the last 2 weeks. |
- SPOT 2 Satellite Messenger Review
- Two Stroke Vs. Four Stroke Engines
- Top 5 Mistakes: Motorcycles
|10 September, 2010 - Top Internet Stories - 10 September 2010|
|Here are some interesting motorcycle stories you may have missed over the last few days. |
- What To Look For In A Motorcycle Safety Course
- Meet The Queen Stars, Japan's Elite Female Motorcycle Police Squad
- How To Detect And Jam Radar Guns
|10 September, 2010 - BMW Motorcycles Now On Twitter @BMWMotorrad|
|You can see that Twitter has become mainstream on the net. Now even BMW Motorcycles has an official Twitter channel. |
You can follow BMW via Twitter, they actually post regularly with interesting information. They are: @BMWMotorrad
|10 September, 2010 - Royal Enfield Free Magazine|
|One of world's oldest motorcycle manufacturers, Royal Enfield, has a free monthly magazine available that can be downloaded. |
Called The BEAT, it's full of interesting information for people, like me, who are interested in the iconic motorcycles.
|3 September, 2010 - Top Internet Stories - 3 September 2010|
|Here are some motorcycle articles that appeared over the last week that may amuse you. |
- Rider Etiquette
- Motorcycle Travel Tips
- Official: Cycle News Stops Publishing
- Claiming Compensation After A Motorcycle Accident
|27 August, 2010 - Top Internet Stories - 27 August 2010|
|Here's are the motorcycle stories I've been reading during my holidays that may interest you. |
- Riding Overseas: Get Your International Driving Permit
- Book Review: Around World On Motorcycle
- Could This Innovative New Light Save Your Life
- What Is DTS-Si Technology And How Does It Work In Motorbikes?
- Motorcycle Tire Review Pirelli Diablo Strada
|25 August, 2010 - BMW And The Electronic GS Book|
|BMW Motorcycles have made available an interesting electronic book called "Thank you GS". Celebrating 30 years of the adventure motorcycle, GS owners can post their memorable trips with the GS bike and photos. |
|30 July, 2010 - Top Internet Stories - 30 July 2010|
|Holiday time coming up, and there's less and less on the net. Here are some interesting motorcycle articles that you may be interested in. |
- Women Stunt Riders Past And Present
- KTM's Sexy Design
- The Motorcycle Adventure Checklist
|23 July, 2010 - Top Internet Stories - 23 July 2010|
|Here are the motorcycle stories I've been reading this week which you may be interested in.|
- Motorcycle Parking Lot Dangers
- Avoiding Animals While Riding Your Motorcycle
- Book Review: Longest Ride
|22 July, 2010 - Australia: Educating Motorcycle Riders On Safety|
|Queensland, Australia have a very good web site, run by the local authorities, full of interesting and useful information on motorcycle safety. |
Detailed information about the gear you can wear, tips fro riding safely, quizzes, and a good safety video.
Education is a lot better than repression!
|16 July, 2010 - Top Internet Stories - 16 July 2010|
|Here are the motorcycle articles on the internet that I thought was interesting for you to read over the last week. |
- What Is An Anti Fog Motorcycle Helmet
- Best Motorcycle Roads In Japan
- What You Can Do To Prevent Motorcycle Accidents
- EGrand Prix Premiere Snetterton UK
|9 July, 2010 - Top Internet Stories - 09 July 2010|
|Friday's top motorcycle articles found on the internet for your amusement. |
- 10 Tips For Women Traveling Solo
- Motorcycle Cannonball Run
- Tips For Hot Weather Motorcycle Riding
- Race To Dakar Review
|2 July, 2010 - Top Internet Stories - 2 July 2010|
|Here are some motorcycle articles that may be of interest to you which have appeared over the last few days. |
- How To Be A Night Rider On Your Motorcycle
- Motorcycling's Missing Link
- Prepare Your Teen To Ride
|25 June, 2010 - Top Internet Stories - 25 June 2010|
|Here are some of the motorcycle stories I've been reading that may interest you. |
- Harley Davidson At The National Law Enforcement Museum
- Carrying Spare Gas On Ural
- Biker Coffee Company
- Good Reasons Why Most People Use Motorcycles
|18 June, 2010 - Top Internet Stories - 18 June 2010|
|Not much happening over the last 3 weeks, so I've bunched the motorcycle stories into this week. |
- Removing Rust From Plastic
- Sonny Barger Book Review
- Your Personal Nitrogen Tire Inflator
- Isle Of Man TT Race And Electric Bikes
|1 June, 2010 - Sharp Motorcycle Helmet Rating Site Renewed|
|Sharp, the British government web site that tests and rates motorcycle helmets for safety, has been redesigned. |
A site that provided already a large series of very useful information, just got a lot better and easier to use.
202 motorcycle helmets have been tested so far, and are on-line. You can even compare models now on-line.
|28 May, 2010 - Top Internet Stories - 28 May 2010|
|Here's what I have been (trying to) reading over the last few days, despite being at the French MotoGP. |
- Silent and Green, but Not Quite There
- Ipad - A Motorcycle Enthusiast Review w/MotoGP Live Timing
- Rocket Cycles
|14 May, 2010 - Top Internet Stories - 14 May 2010|
|Here are some motorcycle stories I've been reading over the last few days that may interest you. |
- How To Get A Motorcycle Licence
- Miss Vicki Starts The Day
- Ladies Gear Not In Stock Again
- 5 Things Every Motorcyclist Should Remember
- What Do You Do With Your Hands If You Are Stopped By The Police
- Part One Of Chessies Road Trip Wheels
- Wheels Through Time Rode Stop In
- Motorcycle Riding Burns Calories
|11 May, 2010 - Movies: View ChopperTown On YouTube|
|The excellent motorcycle documentary ChopperTown: The Sinners is available for rental on YouTube. |
It's currently an experiment, and I think it only work sin the USA, but you can watch the 1 1/2 hour documentary for US$2.99.
|30 April, 2010 - Top Internet Stories - 30 April 2010|
|Here some of the motorcycle stories I've been reading on the internet over the last few days: |
- Saving Money On Motorcycle Insurance
- The Motorcycle Book
- Video: Bridgestone Tires MotoGP
- AGV Helmets History
- How To Prevent Motorcycle Theft
- Wife Want Your Royal Enfield Sold? Here's How You Can Keep It And Her, Too
|30 April, 2010 - Metzeler Motorcycle Tires Goes Social/Community Web|
|German motorcycle tire manufacturer, Metzeler, has gone social web. They have launched a community map & itinerary web site that allows you to record your favorite motorcycle ride, and for other to download it, vote for it and comment on it. |
|16 April, 2010 - Top Internet Stories - 16 April 2010|
|Here are the motorcycle stories that I've been reading over the last few days on the internet that may interest you.|
- Five Tips For Being Seen
- Ageing Bikers At Greater Risk Of Injury Death
- 5 Ways Ducati Is Like Apple
- Motorcycle Touring Expenses For Those BIG Trips
|16 April, 2010 - Nice Idea: ChatRoulette and Harley-Davidson Motorcycles|
|What a great idea to pass your message to young and connected people. |
A PR agency in Germany made a sign for Harley-Davidson motorcycles, placed it in front of a webcam, and subscribed to ChatRoulette.
Simple, cheap and very effective. Have a look.
|2 April, 2010 - Top Internet Stories - 02 April 2010|
|Here are a few motorcycle articles found on the internet over the last week that may interest you...|
- The Phoenix Dump Truck Motorcycle Deaths Were Preventable
- 6 Things You Must Consider Before A Canadian Motorcycle Ride
- What Is Causing The Recent Rise In Motorcycle Accident Deaths?
- Guinness Names Fastest Motorcycling Woman
- The Ten Cheapest Motorcycles In America
|19 March, 2010 - Top Internet Stories - 19 March 2010|
|Friday's top internet stories for the week. Here's what I've been reading over the last 7 days. |
- Fuel Efficiency Tips For The Long Run
- World's Fastest Velocette
- How to Have a Safe and Happy Solo Motorcycle Trip
- 10 Reasons Motorcycles Are Better Than Cars
- How To Get Your Motorcycle Out Of Storage And Back On The Road
|19 March, 2010 - Airhawk’s Updated Web|
|Airhawk, those guys that provide ass-saving motorcycle saddle cushions, have updated their web site. |
It's faster and easier to navigate, and get better information.
|12 March, 2010 - Top Internet Stores - 12 March 2010|
|Here are some of the motorcycle articles I've been reading over the last few days found on the internet. |
- Smart Engines EFI
- Touring Bikers Now Have No Problem Finding A Place To Pitch Up
- The Worst Motorcycle Gang Tattoos
- Winter And Snow Riding Tips
- Spring Is Almost Here Get Ready For Post Winter Motorcycle Checkups
|5 March, 2010 - Life’s Daytona 1948 Motorcycle Madness Photo Archive|
|The Daytona 200 motorcycle race held this weekend is a classic, and when you say classic, you'll know that Time-Life magazine will have covered it at one stage. |
Therefore, thankfully, Time have released unpublished black & white photos of this incredible motorcycle race from 60 years ago. In those days, the Daytona 200 was still raced on the beach. Fantastic photos.... a must see!
|26 February, 2010 - Top Internet Stories - 26 February 2010|
|Here are a few of the motorcycle articles I've been reading over the last week on the net. |
- Motorcycle Tires: How Much We Really Know
- Christina Shook: Photographer And Author Of Chicks On Bikes
- How to “Run In” Your Bike
|19 February, 2010 - Top Internet Stories - 19 February 2010|
|Here are some motorcycle articles what I found over the last week on the web that may amuse you... |
- Teflon Coating Bike Guide
- What Is Difference Between Power And Torque
- What Happens With Insurance After A Motorcycle Accident
- Kawasaki Z1000 Can It Compete Against The "Naked" European Market?
- Tech Tip: Greasing Your Motorcycle
|12 February, 2010 - Top Internet Stories - 12 February 2010|
|Here are some of the interesting motorcycle stories I've been reading over the last week... |
- A Car Salesman’s Pitch To A Motorcycle Addict
- Shipping Vs Riding
- 4 Reasons To Quit Motorcycling
- Basic Explanation Of Motorcycle Related In The State Of California
|5 February, 2010 - Top Internet Stories - 5 February 2010|
|Two weeks worth of interesting motorcycle stories found on the world wide web..... enjoy. |
- The 10 greatest scams, cheats and hoaxes in motorcycling - part 1
- Rules For Talking To Woman Bikers
- 2009 BMW K 1200 LT: Aging Gracefully
- The Mods Vs The Hells Angels
- The Single Best Motorcycle Performance Upgrade Is You
|22 January, 2010 - Top Internet Stories - 22 January 2010|
|Here's two weeks worth of interesting motorcycle articles as found on the internet. Enjoy. |
- 15 Motorcycle Exaggerations
- Can't Afford A New Bike in 2010? Then Accessorize!
- Field Test Alpinestars Drystar
- What Are The Odds Of Winning The Lottery V Crashing
- First Aid Kits For Motorcyclists
- Billy Joel On His New Deus
|8 January, 2010 - Top Internet Stories - 8 January 2010|
|Here's what I've been reading on the road for the last few weeks since I've been away. Several weeks worth of motorcycle articles on the web... |
- Twenty Safety Tips Passionate Tourers
- Iran's Female Motocross Champion Gets Uphill Ride
- 10 Most Controversial Bikes Of 2009
- 10 Reasons Why You Should Be Excited About Electric Motorcycles
- Three Reported Missing After Animal Rights Activists Take "War On Leather" To Motorcycle Gang Rally
|18 December, 2009 - Top Internet Stories - 18 December 2009|
|Here are the interesting motorcycle articles I've been reading over the last few days: |
- Old Guys Get Naked
- DC Moto TF - Motocross Training Facility
- REVIEW: Doran360M Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Motorcycling For Women: Beginner Bikes
- Wheel Tire Buyers Guide
|11 December, 2009 - End Of Motorcycle Mags? The New Format Found In The Netherlands|
|Dutch site MotorKlik have launched an impressive electronic motorcycle magazine. It's well done, laid out the traditional magazine way, but with multimedia content (photos, videos, sounds, etc). It's the way of the future for those that want an electronic magazine. |
But is this the end of printed magazines? They are already in trouble with the internet, and could this make it worse?
|4 December, 2009 - Top Internet Stories - 4 December 2009|
|Here's what I've been reading during the last week on motorcycle stories found on the internet: |
- Bajaj Avenger 200 Dtsi Review
- Harley Davidson Road Success
- No Shortage Of Motorcycle Museums
- Buell: You Say Goodbye I Say Hello
- Keeping Your Beauty Fresh
- Stitches For Bitches - Are You A Motorcycle Betty
|27 November, 2009 - Top Internet Stories - 29 November 2009|
|Here are some of the motorcycle related articles I've been reading on the web over the last few days: |
- Post 258- KTM Adventure 990
- Ultimate 125 cc Motorcycle Shootout
- How To Make Any Pair Of Gloves Work With A Touchscreen
|25 November, 2009 - USA: Ducati Gift Site Ready For Christmas|
|Ducati have teamed up with one of their main dealers in the USA, Pro Italia, and created an on-line gift shop, ready for the Christmas season. |
If you need anything for your motorcycle, or for you, or for someone else, this is a good place to buy stuff for Christmas.
|20 November, 2009 - Top Internet Stories - 20 November 2009|
|A look at some of the motorcycle articles I've been reading which might interest you |
- When Good Icons Go Bad Why Harley Will Struggle In The Future
- Portable Motorcycle Storage
- Safety Reflective Orange Vest | Amanet Fluorescent Scotchlite Velcro
|6 November, 2009 - Top Internet Stories - 06 November 2009|
|Here's the week's crop of motorcycle stories found on the internet that might interest you: |
- Motorcycle Wheel Alignment
- Airhawk Cruiser Seat Cushion Black Medium Waterproof Air Cell
- Motorcycle Maintenance Tips Oil
- Is There A Bad Driving Gene - And Does It Have Motorcycling Rider Ed Implications
- Motorcycle Dream Garages
|30 October, 2009 - Top Internet Stories - 30 October 2009|
|The last two weeks worth of motorcycle stories found of interest in the WWW. |
- How To Buy A Motorcycle
- 10 Reasons Not To Wear Helmet
- Digital Guard Dawg Type 1 Motorcycle Security Alarm RFID
- Turns Out I'm Just A Poser
|16 October, 2009 - Top Internet Stories - 16 October 2009|
|Here are the top picks of motorcycle related articles seen on the web this week: |
- Walk Through AZ Motorcycle Swap Meet
- Countersteering 101 -The Basics Behind Countersteering And How To Do It
- What Every Rider Should Know About Protective Eyewear
|15 October, 2009 - General Motorcycle Knowledge Quiz #05|
|Quiz #05... test your general motorcycle knowledge. |
That's 50 questions I've managed to get... not bad. If you've got one, send it to me, but please, also send the answer...
|9 October, 2009 - Top Internet Stories - 9 October 2009|
|Here are the last 2 weeks worth of interesting motorcycle articles found on the net:
- Tecmate Optimate 4 Battery Charger |
- DIY How To Adjust Your Motorcycles Chain
- REVIEW: New Women & Motorcycling Photo Book
- Federal Highway Administration Launches Major Study Into Causes Of Motorcycle Crashes
|2 October, 2009 - Vote For The Best MSF Slogan, Win A Prize|
|The Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) are calling for people to vote on the top 10 best slogans for the "Motorcycles and Women" theme. |
Prizes available for the 3 chosen ones. Entries close on October 15th.
|1 October, 2009 - General Motorcycle Knowledge Quiz #03|
|The 3rd general motorcycle knowledge quiz. |
Looks like last week was a bit easier, so this one is even easier. We've been getting about 4,500 players on average. We'd love to see the readers go over 5,000 this time, so PLEASE, send the quiz to all your friends, buddies, colleagues, bosses, mistresses, cops, judges and even to the Senate.
|1 October, 2009 - Valentino Rossi Web Site Finally On-line|
|Valentino Rossi's web site has finally gone on-line. |
It's pretty busy there, but as usual you can see Vale's presence.... a good doze of humor.
Loads of unpublished photos and videos...
|25 September, 2009 - Top Internet Stories - 25 September 2009|
|Here are some motorcycle related articles of interest: |
- Motorcycle Maintenance Reminder
- How Good Is Your Motorcycle Oil
- Hi, I Am Doug And I Am A Bike-aholic
- New Firstgear D3O TPG Armor Testing
- Motorcycle Tires A Brief Intro
|24 September, 2009 - General Motorcycle Knowledge Quiz #02|
|The 2nd general motorcycle knowledge quiz. |
Last week's was tough, but don't expect an easy one. Asking simple questions is of no use.....
Have fun doing it....
|24 September, 2009 - Where To Go In The USA When Riding A Motorcycle|
|Here's a web site that provides interesting information about motorcycle rides in most states in the USA. |
You can follow specific itineraries, or just find out what places are of interest to visit.
|22 September, 2009 - Official Ducati Motorcycle Art|
|Ducati have an official Ducati motorcycle art web site, DucatiArt. |
The web site shows some real Ducati motorcycle art, either Bike Art, Racing Art or Vintage Art. These are works of art produced by real artists, and they can all be bought.
Get some culture, and head over to an on-line art exhibition....
|17 September, 2009 - Motorcycle Quiz - Test Your Motorcycle Knowledge|
|I've started a new thing on this site; a general motorcycle knowledge quiz. |
It's 10 multiple choice questions, on-line and immediate validation, and you don't need to register or input any info.
If you like it (or not), let me know, so I know if I should continue doing this quiz.
|17 September, 2009 - Cafe Racers By The Wrenchmonkees|
|Here's an outfit in Denmark, called Wrenchmonkees, that transform some "bland" motorcycles into works of art, but practical works of art (ie you can ride them everyday). |
Cafe racers from Hondas, Kawasakis, Harleys, etc.
|14 September, 2009 - Interesting New Motorcycle Blogger|
|I found this interesting and totally different motorcycle blog web site out there that I had to share. |
It's not about motorcycles, but about business and motorcycles, a world that new. The author, Dwain Deville, is a business coach to CEOs, and has written a book about Entrepreneurs and motorcycles. The web site deals with the same topic...
It makes interesting reading.
|11 September, 2009 - Top Internet Stories - 11 September 2009|
|Maybe I was gone, but I was still able to gather interesting motorcycle stories for you. Here's what I found: |
- Motorcycle 101: Lane Positioning
- Using Protection: Buell & Touratech
- Save Money Commuting By Motorcycle? Not So Fast
- Pillion Romance Riding
|7 September, 2009 - Test Your Motorcycle Road Signs Knowledge|
|AutoInsurance.org have a do-it-yourself quiz on the web to test your knowledge of road signs. |
Obviously they are not showing you the common road signs, but some more or less obscure one. Take the test. 20 questions, so it shouldn't take too long. I got an A+, 20/20!
|4 September, 2009 - Top Internet Stories - 4 September 2009|
|Here are some of the motorcycle stories I've found doing the rounds of the internet over the last few days: |
- Motorcycle Luggage
- Loud Pipes
- Motorcycle Photography
|28 August, 2009 - Top Internet Stories - 28 August 2009|
|Here's a look at some of the top motorcycle stories I've found on the internet over the last few days: |
- Motorcycle Accidents The Truth About Accidents On Two Wheels
- Motorcycle Camping Gear Part I
- Motorcycle Camping Gear Part II
- Bikers Are Watching You
- An Italian Affair: Vyatka vs Vespa
|7 August, 2009 - Top Internet Stories - 9 August 2009|
|The top motorcycle stories found in the deep bowels of the internet. |
- Site Review Zen And Art Of Motorcycle
- Motorcycles 101 Why Riders Dont Wave To Each Other
- Bikers & the City
- Preparing For Next Long Ride
|30 July, 2009 - Sturgis: What To See If You Are Not There|
|Sturgis is a few days away, and for those of you who can not attend, here's a list of webcams that are working. This way you can check your spouse or friend... |
|24 July, 2009 - Top Internet Stories - 24 July 2009|
|Here are the top interesting stories I could find over the last few days related to motorcycles: |
- Yamalube Black Leather Polish Review
- Easy Ideas To Follow When Buying Motorcycle Saddle Bags
- The Truth Behind The Rossi Leg Wave
|10 July, 2009 - Top Internet Stories - 10 July 2009|
|Here's the last 2 weeks worth of motorcycle stories found on the internet while surfing away in Italy.. |
- No Fuss Rear Wheel Removal Of Goldwing
- Parking Phobia
- DIY How To Remove A Broke Bolt From Your Motorcycle With An Easyout
- Learning To Ride Sweep
|30 June, 2009 - Packing Lists For Your Motorcycle Trip|
|Here's an interesting website for those of you who travel long (or even short) distance on your motorcycle, and have a tendency, like myself, to forget things. |
The site, The Universal Packing List, generates a packing list depending on criteria you enter. Very handy...
|26 June, 2009 - Top Internet Stories - 26 June 2009|
|Here are some of the motorcycle stories I've found, just before heading off to Italy. |
- Beware Of Speeding Ticket Myths
- The Hells Angels – The Most Intelligent and Influential Outlaw Biker Club in the World
|19 June, 2009 - Top Internet Stories - 19 June 2009|
|Not that many motorcycle article that I could find over the last few days..|
- Motorcycle Insurance: 5 Commonly Asked Questions
- Reasons Why You Should Sell Your Bike
|19 June, 2009 - Adventure Motorcycle Riding And Sharing Your Ride|
|Adventure motorcycle riding is fun, and many of us do it. But what's fun too, is showing others where you've been. |
Here's a website that allows you to capture your ride, GPS, video, image and text make it into a great souvenir you can share with others.
|12 June, 2009 - Top Internet Stories - 12 June 2009|
|Don't blink, you may have missed these motorcycle stories the last week:
- How To Read The Tire Wear Tire Tear On Your Motorcycle |
- Stilettos On Scooter
- NSR500 Ringtones Will Make Your Phone Fast
- 5 Tips On Tire Maintenance
|9 June, 2009 - Honda Put Their Future Motorcycle Technology On-line|
|Honda are putting their future (and current) motorcycle technology on-line, so that simple-minded people, like me, can understand how it works. |
It's very well done, with diagrams, photos and pictures, explaining in detail how a certain new technology works and why it's better for us.
|5 June, 2009 - Top Internet Stories - 05 June 2009|
|Here's the motorcycle stories I found last week that may interest you: |
- DUCATI Apollo - A Bike much Ahead of its Time
- 7 Tips For Riding At Night
- Motorcycles And Hearing Loss
|29 May, 2009 - Top Internet Stories - 29 May 2009|
|Here are the top motorcycle stories found on the internet over the last few days: |
- Harley Davidson and Three Signs of the Newbie Rider
- Learning How To Ride Two-Up - By Yourself
- Getting Back in the Saddle After An Accident
- Tips to Take Care of Motorcycle Chain
- Some Long Distance Riding Tips
|22 May, 2009 - Top Internet Stories - 22 May 2009|
|Here are the top internet stories over the last few days with interesting motorcycle content:
- You Know You're Riding A Goldwing If.. |
- Motorcycle Group Riding Signals
- Motorcycle Industry Council Survey Census Results
- Who Is the Toughest Outlaw Biker Club in the World
|15 May, 2009 - Top Internet Stories - 15 May 2009|
|The Top Internet motorcycle Stories from the last few days: |
- Overtaking When Following
- Is Your Bike Male or Female
- What Do You Do With Old Helmets
|13 May, 2009 - Lots Of Motorcycle Maps|
|Here's a website that sells almost any motorcycle map in existence. |
Many countries in the world are covered, and if there are no special motorcycle maps available for that area, they offer detailed maps.
|11 May, 2009 - Read Previous Issues Of AMA Motorcyclist On-Line|
|AMA's American Motorcyclist back issues are now available to read on-line, thanks to Google Books. |
You can read the magazines dating back to 1950.
That's many hours worth of reading...
|8 May, 2009 - Top Internet Stories - 8 May 2009|
|Busy week. Here are some of the motorcycle related articles I spotted on the web during the last few days: |
- Biker Birthday Cakes
- Fog Off Review
- Motorcycle Renaissance
- Saying Thank You
- 10 things cars and truck should know about motorcycles
|1 May, 2009 - Top Internet Stories - 1 May 2009|
|Here are the top internet motorcycle stories I could find over the last few days. |
- Testing the MotionX-GPS with a ride to Puncak
- Twitter for Motorcycle Travelers
- April is Check Your Helmet month
|27 April, 2009 - Finding Out The Real Fuel Consumption Of A Motorcycle|
|In today's world, you need to know what fuel your motorcycle uses. Maybe at this moment with a reasonably low oil barrel price, it's not critical, but remember last year? |
It's going to happen again, and it's not going to take very long before what we pay at the pump is going to cost us a rib out of our chest.
So here's a community web site that lists motorcycle by year and model, and their fuel consumption as noticed by the rider, not the manufacturer. You can all help by adding your figures.
|24 April, 2009 - Top Internet Stories - 14 April 2009|
|Here are the top motorcycle stories on the internet I could find over the last week. |
- Friday Fives: 5 Must-Have Motorcycle Accessories
- So You're Taking An MSF Class. What To Wear
- OSi Cool Mesh Jacket Review
- How To Clean Your Helmet Thoroughly
- 12 Motorcycling Lessons I've Learned
|17 April, 2009 - Top Internet Stories - 17 April 2009|
|Here are the meager pickings of motorcycle articles found on the internet the last week: |
- Healthcare Punishment For Motorcyclists
- Biker Buff As CEO
|10 April, 2009 - Top Internet Stories - 10 April 2009|
|Missed anything last week on the net? Here's what I read during the last few days with motorcycle content: |
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective Motorcyclists
- Testing iPhone's Based GPS Lap Timers
- How To Get Dedicated Motorcycle Parking In Your Town
|3 April, 2009 - Top Internet Stories - 3 April 2009|
|Here are the top motorcycle stories on the internet from the last few days: |
- It Arrived Yesterday
- Fiamm Freeway Blaster Horn Installation & Review
- Henderson Motorcycles, An American Machine
|27 March, 2009 - Top Internet Stories - 27 March 2009|
|Here's what I found, even during my workman's holiday, on the internet with regards to motorcycle related stories: |
- Movie Review - One Crazy Ride by Gaurav Jani
- How Are Six Sigma Implementations And Motorcycle Rides Related?
|20 March, 2009 - Top Internet Stories - 20 March 2009|
|Here are the Top Internet stories on motorcycles over the last few days: |
- Movie Review: Globerider's Iceland Expedition
- Book Review: A Cure for Gravity
- The Stench of the Ride
- World's First Motorcycle
- Complexities of a Motorcycle
|6 March, 2009 - Top Internet Stories - 6 March 2009|
|Here are the last 7 days articles of interest circulating on the WWW with motorcycle content: |
- Product Review: Aerostich Darien Jacket and Pants
- Hell's Angels Legend Does Not Like Harleys
- When It Rains On A Motorcyclist, It Pours
- Book Review: Endless Horizon
|4 March, 2009 - Be A Yamaha Motorcycle Racing Manager|
|Yamaha Motorcycle have a web competition on-line, allowing you to play the Yamaha Racing Team Manager. |
With a budget of 1 million Euros, you choose your team and the races.
Highest scorer gets Valentino Rossi helmet (once the races are over, since he needs it to race).
|4 March, 2009 - Highway Design And Motorcycles|
|There are some organizations that try to look after us motorcycle riders. Most are related to motorcycles organizations, but one isn't. |
It's the UK Institute of Highway Engineers (IHIE), the people who design roads. They even have a dedicated motorcycle website that tells engineers what to look for when designing a road, all while thinking about motorcycles.
Good. Wouldn't it be nice if other countries did that?
|3 March, 2009 - Revamped RevZilla Website|
|RevZilla, one of our sponsors, has revamped their motorcycle gear website. |
Nice... you can even sort your products by color....
|2 March, 2009 - Fighting Parking Tickets The High Tech Way|
|What to do when you have one of those terrible parking tickets on your motorcycle? Especially when you were parked legally. It happens all the time! |
One website not only offers to fight the ticket for you, but they offer a version that uses your iPhone's built-in camera.
A good fight, using technology.... I love it!
|27 February, 2009 - Top Internet Stories - 27 February 2009|
|Here are all the interesting motorcycle related stories I could find during the last 7 days; |
- Brians' Top Ten List of Helmet Questions + Answers
- A Rip Off??
- Getting Loaded: 6 Tips
- News about from Irbit - Ural Sidecars most popular models
- Zen and Now: Book Review
- Riding Boots! 7 Things To Look For
|25 February, 2009 - Bikes In The Fast Lane and Facebook|
|There you go... we at Bikes in the Fast Lane have joined Facebook with our own group page. |
Here you can discuss motorcycle events and issues all over the world. Membership is free, but you need to be a member of Facebook.
Head on over, and have a look-see. I'd love you to join and participate.
|20 February, 2009 - Top Internet Stories - 20 February 2009|
|Here's what you may have missed regarding motorcycle related stories on the internet during the last week:
- Something a Lot of Grey Beards Want to Say to HD |
- Visual Gratification - Classic Ads
- Ten Motorcycle Tour Models Reviewed
- Why Upgrading Your Motorcycle Suspension is Important for Motorcycle Safety
|20 February, 2009 - Want To Watch The Crazy Le Touquet Enduropale On-line?|
|If you're not able to attend the famous and crazy motorcycle beach enduro of Le Touquet Enduropale, and you can not receive the national French TV or European MotorsTV stations (they are showing the race live), then there is good news for you! |
The French national TV station, France3, is showing the race LIVE on the internet. Not only can you see the race as it happens, you can select which of the 5 cameras you want to see. Cool!
|19 February, 2009 - Dog On Motorcycle Sidecar USA Tour|
|Van Federick and his faithful dog, Bobaji, are travelling cross the USA in a motorcycle sidecar, with a mission. |
They want people to know the advantages of neutering/splaying your animals, hopefully stopping all the animals in the overcrowded shelters from being put to sleep.
They even produced a nice and catchy video.
|13 February, 2009 - Top Internet Stories - 13 February 2009|
|Pickings were very slim on the motorcycle web (not that I had anything to write home about). Here's what I found in the last 7 days: |
- Book Review: Early Motorcycles
- Bikers Have Heart
|13 February, 2009 - USA: Start Of A National Motorcycle Helmet Database|
|In the USA, the Motorcycle Industry Council (MIC) have made a halfhearted attempt at establishing a national database of approved motorcycle helmets in the US. |
It's nothing compared to the UK's SHARP website with safety rating for each and every motorcycle helmet on the market, but it's a start.
Who knows, maybe in the future...
|6 February, 2009 - Top Internet Stories - 6 February 2009|
|Here are the crop of interesting motorcycle stories published on the internet last 7 days: |
- Beaded Edge Tires and Safety
- Proposed MotoGP Cost-Cutting Measures
- REVIEW The 2009 Suzuki Boulevard M90 Cruiser
- Returning to Rearsets
- Want to write about your motorcycle travels
|4 February, 2009 - MotoGP Stars And Facebook|
|On the internet, Facebook is a very popular website. In the motorcycle racing world, MotoGP is very popular. So what happens when you put the two together? |
Here are the MotoGP Gods' facebook presence. Some good, some bad, and one incredibly popular... wanna guess who?
|30 January, 2009 - Top Internet Stories - 30-January-2009|
|Here's what I found in the internet this week with regards to motorcycle related stories. Not much... must be the economic downturn....
- To Dismantle an Engine or Not… |
- 10 safety tips for motorcycle riders
- Aligning Motorcycle Wheels
|26 January, 2009 - Ducati Motorcycle Manuals On-line|
|Ducati are now offering their owner manuals on-line, and downloadable for all their motorcycle models since the year 2000. |
The service is free, and available in many different languages.
|23 January, 2009 - Top Internet Stories - 23-January-2009|
|Here are the motorcycle related stories seen on the web during last week: |
- Legendary Motorcycles Book Review
- Photographer, Author, Artist, Garage Girl - An Interview with Sara Liberte
- How Many Headchecks?
- MotoGP's Biggest Fan Base - Not Where You Think It Is
|16 January, 2009 - Top Internet Stories - 16 January 2009|
|Didn't have that much time to check the "normal" web, thanks to the Dakar race, but here are 2 motorcycle stories I found:|
- Posture Perfect: The Best Riding Position For You
- How Much Does it Cost to Race in MotoGP?
|9 January, 2009 - Top Internet Stories - 09 January 2009|
|Back again. Here are the motorcycle articles doing the rounds of the internet you may have missed during the week.
- Drive-By Review: Bags Connection Engage Bag Installation|
- To Vegas, Baby: Windhoff Engine
- Rally Days Are Painful Taxpayer Nights
- EPA Asked To Do More Ethanol Tests
|2 January, 2009 - Dakar 2009: Day -2|
|If you want to see photos of the preparations of the Dakar races, cars, motorcycles and trucks, here's a website that is showing it all "live" from Buenos Aires. |
|19 December, 2008 - Top Internet Stories - 19 December 2008|
|Here's the meager stories I've found circulating on the motorcycle blogs this week. It looks like we're getting ready for the festive shutdown.. |
Here's what you may have missed this week :
- From the Eyes of a Passenger
- Legendary Motorcycles
- Approachability - Overcoming the Stigma
|12 December, 2008 - Top Internet Stories - 12 Dec 2008|
|Here's what you may have missed during the busy week regarding motorcycle stories that were published on the internet: |
- A Little Holiday Gift-Giving Warning
- ABATE Toy Run Makes Christmas Brighter For Kids
- Harley Snubbed In Benjamin Button Movie
- Don’t Call Me A Biker!
- Batman’s Original Batcycle
|8 December, 2008 - BMW’s New Motorcycle Blog|
|BMW have started a blog on their main site related to the BMW S 1000 RR motorcycle and the SuperBike championships. |
You'll be able to see how Xaus is doing, live, plus read articles from the people who are involved in the race.
Three lucky winners of the first 200 registered users can a prize, and other blogs are invited to pitch in.
|5 December, 2008 - Top Internet Stories - 5 December 2008|
|Here's what was going on with motorcycle stories on the big web which you may have missed during last week:
- IndoPrix |
- TTX01 electric motorcycle built for TTX GP
- Beringer Inboard Brakes: plane tech for supermotos
- Keep That Youthful Appearance - Ride A Motorcycle
- Traveling on the Cheap
|4 December, 2008 - PhotoChopped Motorcycles And Animals|
|You can do wonder with photos nowadays. PhotoChopping images has become a favorite pastime for many. |
One web site had a contest faking animals and motorcycles. Have a look.
|2 December, 2008 - SHARP Now Testing Flip-up Motorcycle Helmets|
|The good folks at SHARP, the UK government motorcycle helmet testing facility, have started testing flip-up motorcycle helmets. |
Part of the test is the chinguard and locking mechanism. That should put a rest to the many discussions going on at the internet forums.
|28 November, 2008 - Top Internet Stories - 28 November 2008|
|The pickings for the top internet stories for this week were very slim. I guess people had turkey on their mind. |
Here's what I found:
- Winter Riding Tips
- It’s Here! Motorcycle.com’s New Dealer Locater has Arrived
|27 November, 2008 - Going Back In Motorcycle Time. Thank You Google|
|Remember Time Life Magazine? They always had fantastic photos. |
Now, thanks to good old Google, all their photos are on-line and searchable.
Head over to Google Photo search, type in "motorcycle" followed by "source:life".
Count on spending hours...
|21 November, 2008 - Top Internet Stories - 21 November 2008|
|Here's the motorcycle stuff that has been circulating on the internet during last week: |
- Female Mechanics 2009 Calendar
- Biker Safety Signs
- 10 Most Popular Colors For Motorcycles
- Winter Bike Storage Tips
- Dave Akhurst’s Greenfly: the LPG-powered custom motorcycle
|19 November, 2008 - Customize Your Motorcycle Saddle On The Web|
|French saddle and baggage manufacturer, Bagster, offer a web customization of your motorcycle (or scooter) specific saddle. |
Select different colors, graphics and options. Simple.
|14 November, 2008 - Top Internet Stories - 14 November 2008|
|Here are two weeks worth of stories, since I didn't have the time during the EICMA week. Enjoy:|
- Ducati freeze fright
- How to Ride China? Buy your bike in Beijing
- Here’s the Word on Tiered Licensing
- People STILL hating on scooters?!
- What's in a Name? BMW explains
|13 November, 2008 - New Motorcycle Cartoon Web Site|
|Cartoonist Matt Marino has a web site dedicated to his funny motorcycle cartoons. |
The site is easy to follow, and he has a new cartoon almost every day.
Isn't life beautiful?
|31 October, 2008 - Top Internet Stories - 31 October 2008|
|Here are some of the motorcycle related stories than appeared on the internet during the last 7 days: |
- Transporting Skis on your Motorcycle
- The Biker's Batsuit?
- Team USA wins in the Desert
- Another Fabulous Motorcycle Adventure Travel-Worthy Tent
|24 October, 2008 - Top Internet Stories - 24 Oct 2008|
|Here's what you may have missed on the internet with regards to motorcycle related stories:|
-How to Get Rid of Rust in Motorcycle Gas Tanks
-Federal Helmet Law
-Details: BMW ESA II electronically adjustable suspension
-Can The Federal Government Tell me what I Can or Cannot Wear
-Does Size Really Matter? (In a battery)
|15 October, 2008 - Psst. Want To Buy A Real Police Motorcycle?|
|Irish web site ClassicMotorcycles.ie has a real and original Police motorcycle for sale. |
It's the classic Kawasaki Z1000P, as used in the TV series CHiPS, and includes flashing lights, siren and even handcuffs and Police helmet.
Here's your chance to scare the living daylights out of people on the road.
|25 September, 2008 - Motocross Of Nations Widget|
|MediaZone Moto, the transmission rights owners of the Motocross of Nations event in North America, has released a nice widget that can be used on your desktop, social network or blog. |
It shows you the count down to this weekend grand event, and also shows you video clips of the last 2 years.
35 countries are participating at the Donington Park Circuit. In North America, you'll be able to watch the event live on your PC.
|19 September, 2008 - Top Internet Stories 19-Sep-2008|
|Here's what you may have missed on the internet motorcycle stories last 7 days.|
Isn't it wonderful, the internet?
|16 September, 2008 - Stupidity Of Spammers And Fraudsters - Motorcycles|
|Some spammer and fraudsters are so stupid, it has become funny. |
They think that contacting people with email, will result in readers handing over money to them, and allow them to retire in all comfort in Nigeria.
|16 September, 2008 - Official Harley-Davidson Motorcycle YouTube Channel|
|Harley-Davidson motorcycles have launched their official Harley channel on YouTube. |
You can now enjoy their videos and the rider's video, and chat with other like minded motorcycle riders.
|12 September, 2008 - Top Internet Stories 12-Sep-2008|
|Here's what you may have missed on the internet motorcycle stories last 7 days.|
Eventually, we'll reach the end of the web...
|25 August, 2008 - Find Out Your Motorcycle Average Mileage|
|Want to help with gathering data on motorcycle mileage? |
Manufacturer mpg data is not real, but looking at what others are reporting, is! Here's a site that will allow you to report your motorcycle's real mileage.
|22 August, 2008 - Top Internet Stories 08-18-2008|
|This is the start of a weekly article on what has been happening on the world wide web in the motorcycle world. |
We'll be showing you stories we thought were interesting, with a link back to the original story, so you can read it in full.
We hope you like this new series. Please let us know.
|22 August, 2008 - Really Old Motorcycles|
|Here's a site that's listing many really old motorcycles, including this one. |
It's a Daimler dating back to 1885. It's the first gas powered motorcycle, and it's made out of wood. Cool!
|20 June, 2008 - Motorcycle Specific Blog Consolidator and Social Network: FAST3R|
|FAST3R is one of those websites you ask yourself why it hasn't existed a long time ago, and how you can live without it. |
FAST3R is a consolidator, meaning, it scans motorcycle blogs and news sites and produces interesting news summaries. Everything is categorized, and you can see what's popular and what's not.
If you're into motorcycles, any type, have a look.
|19 June, 2008 - Search Patterns On The Net Show It All|
|Search patterns/keywords on the internet are gathered by a variety of sources and analyzed. |
It's very interesting to see that motorcycles are creeping towards the top spots in the automotive category.
You'd think people are getting interested by motorcycles...
|10 June, 2008 - Renting A Motorcycle In The USA Or Europe|
|Renting a motorcycle in the USA is more difficult than what you'd expect. Renting one in Europe is even more difficult. |
There's one rental company, that happens to be world's biggest, that rents different brand motorcycles throughout the USA and mostly in France and the UK (plus a few other countries).
They even offer the ability to pick up in one city, and drop off in another. Great for holidays...
|6 June, 2008 - Need A Motorcycle Manual For Free? Any Manual?|
|Ever needed to use a manual of some motorcycle or appliance, but you lost the manual? Or you bought it 2nd hand, and it came with a manual? |
Look no further... SafeManuals.com is a website that has over 500,000 user manuals on-line, and best of all, it's free!
Not only does it have many motorcycle manuals, but also almost every appliance you can think off. You can also upload your manual.
What a great site!
|3 June, 2008 - Kawasaki’s New Motorcycle Blog Consolidator|
|Guy Kawasaki, no relation to the motorcycle manufacturer, but well known in the IT industry, has created a very neat and nifty blog consolidation web site. |
There's a dedicated section on motorcycles, so at one glance you can see what's going on in the world of motorcycles.
|2 June, 2008 - Help This Lady With A Motorcycle Questionnaire|
|This is a general cry for help from a young lady studying for her MBA in Ireland (she's Greek though). |
She's writing her thesis, and has a few questions for bikers who buy European off-road motorcycles (BMW, KTM).
So why not answer her questions....
|28 May, 2008 - Milo’s Rat Bike Website|
|Milo's rat motorcycle is famous around the world. His extreme "customization" is something people can only aspire too. |
Milo now has a website. You can find out where his famous motorcycle will appear next, listen to radio interviews, and see many photos.
|21 May, 2008 - Live Video From Erzberg Rodeo 2008|
|The famous (and notorious) Erzberg Rodeo, world's toughest motorcycle enduro, starts tomorrow. 1500 riders will start, only a few finish. |
You don't need to be there, since the organizers have placed 7 webcams, allowing you to view the massacre remotely. Have fun watching.
|15 May, 2008 - New And Improved viaMichelin Website|
|Michelin's travel itinerary and mapping website viaMichelin, just got a lot better. |
They're now in public beta testing, and it's a really nice and easy to use website for planning your motorcycle rides. It'll show on your road book, where the restaurants, hotels or tourist points are. Lots of nice functions.... have a look.
|5 May, 2008 - Michelin’s New Motorcycle Website|
|Apart from a new TV ad campaign shown in the previous article, Michelin has also launched a new website dedicated to motorcycles. |
Based on the Baby MotoGP, they show all their motorcycle tires and the use of the tire. Plus they show which champions use those tires.
|30 April, 2008 - Russian Motorcycle Blog In English|
|Here's a Russian motorcycle news/blog site that's in English. Interesting, since there's a lot happening over there, but now you can read all about it in English. |
|25 April, 2008 - Kawasaki’s New Website|
|Kawasaki Motorcycle Europe have done a major spring cleaning on their European websites. |
Their new sites looks good (very web 2.0), fast and easy to use.
|21 April, 2008 - Bookshop For Motorcycles|
|In Paris, France, there's a bookshop specialized in car and motorcycle books. |
1,000's of books, modern and classic, rare-to-find and different languages. They've got a website if you can't come to Paris.
Can't find a book? Ask the owner...
|25 March, 2008 - Find The Cheapest Fuel In The USA|
|GasPriceWatch.com is a website in the USA, that monitors the cheapest petrol prices at the pump. |
enter a city and state, and voila, you can see where the cheapest fuel is to fill up your motorcycle.
|17 March, 2008 - New MotoGP Website Coming|
|The good folks at the MotoGP website are in the process of updating the look & feel of their otherwise VERY busy website. |
The new design is far more easier on the eyes.
|17 March, 2008 - Hi-Def Motorcycle Documentaries For Free!|
|That's right, free motorcycle documentaries. Our friends and fellow MBI bloggers, Twisting Asphalt, have produced four hours worth of behind-the-scene footage on 8 sports motorcycle manufacturers. |
Shown on-line in HD for free at Turbo Discovery. See how Bimota, BMW, Ducati, Honda, Kawasaki, MV Agusta, Suzuki and Yamaha motorcycles are designed and made.
|10 March, 2008 - Ducati’s Monster Website|
|Ducati have launched a dedicated mini website for their Monster motorcycle. |
Full of photos, video and specs... a must for Monster lovers.
|14 February, 2008 - Gas Prices Around The World|
|Not all countries are created equal, and that applies specially to gasoline prices. |
Here's a website that has listed many countries and what the motorcycle riders need to pay in each one for a gallon of that precious go-go juice.
Guess what?? You're not doing too bad.... unless you live in Venezuela. Petrol is cheaper than water there...
|16 January, 2008 - Motorcycle Classified Ads Using Video Site|
|Here's a new style "motorcycle-for-sale" website. Instead of using photos, it uses videos. |
Search for the motorcycle you want to buy, and watch a movie from the seller about the motorcycle.
|20 December, 2007 - New USA Motorcycle Magazine: On-line|
|A new motorcycle magazine sees the light of day in Florida, USA. |
Available in print form, or on-line.
Want to see what the motorcycle scene in Florida looks like??
|20 December, 2007 - Owner Found Of Fire Breathing Motorcycle|
|The owner of the fire breathing dragon-motorcycle shown here last July has been found. |
He hails from Argentina, and is touring the world on his motorcycle.
His site is full of videos and photos of this amazing motorcycle.
|19 December, 2007 - Not Too Late To Get Christmas Cards|
|You can still get some really nice motorcycle theme Christmas cards. It's not too late (depending on where you live). |
Instead of sending out those same-old same-old Christmas cards, why not have cards with motorcycle on them?
Art and taste...
|18 December, 2007 - Old Motorcycle Photos And Postcards|
|Found a website that has tons of photos of old motorcycles. Based on old postcards and posters, they're all categorized by motorcycle manufacturer. |
For the passionate ones, you can even buy prints of the postcards and posters.
|17 December, 2007 - Riders For Health Updated Website|
|The international motorcycle charity organization Riders for Health have updated their website. |
Looks good, with plenty of information on their motorcycle charities. well worth a visit, and possibly a donation.
|6 December, 2007 - TomTom GPS and Google Maps Team Up|
|TomTom has teamed up with Google Maps to save your waypoints from Google Maps to the TomTom GPS. |
It's nice, but still the free and excellent TYRE program does it better.
|26 October, 2007 - A Crash Course|
|Learning how to manage a crash site can be very important if you ride in a group, even if it's a small hand full of riders. There are many things you need to know when something nasty happens. |
Here's one organization in the USA that prepares you for what to do when a crash occurs.
|24 October, 2007 - On-line Motorcycle Manuals For Professionals|
|Cyclepedia.com, the folks who offer you on-line motorcycle maintenance manuals, now have a special version for maintenance professionals. |
For US$49.95 per year, you have unlimited access to any of their on-line manuals.
|17 October, 2007 - Motorcycle TV Using Google Maps|
|Here's an interesting web development by KapitalMotoTV.com. |
On their version of a Google Map, you'll find red stars; click on one of them, and you'll see the motorcycle videos made on that spot. Click on a video thumbnail to view the actual video.
Many of them are race related. Nice...
|7 September, 2007 - Which Oil To Use? Shell To The Rescue!|
|Shell have produced a rather nice and interesting website, where you can see for a specific motorcycle which oils and lubricants to use, and when to use it. |
The site is multi-languages and useable in many countries (except the US).
You can even print it out. Nice work Mr. Shell!!
|31 August, 2007 - See The Motocross of Nations LIVE|
|US based Mediazone are offering a special deal to watch the Motocross of Nations live on the internet. |
So, if you're a fan of this event, tune in on your PC to watch the race live.
|28 August, 2007 - China: Police Monitor The Web With Motorcycles|
|The Chinese Police are going to monitor all web traffic with Police motorcycles. |
They fear that the communists will loose power because of Western influences. But using motorcycles ?
|7 August, 2007 - Harley-Davidson Coverage Of Sturgis 2007|
|If you want to see what's happening at Sturgis, click over to Harley-Davidson. |
They have reserved a large section of the website for Sturgis. See photos, videos and read the stories.
|7 August, 2007 - Female Motorcycle Magazine; UK Based|
|The UK has been enriched with a female motorcycle rider magazine, called Lady Biker Magazine. |
Their first quarterly issue is out, and they have a complete website, with a discussion forum, for sale, etc
|27 July, 2007 - A True Biker - ATGATT|
|Yesterdays funny photo (Take off your helmet when drinking) resulted in a comment from a reader, about who the person was in the photo. |
It belongs to a Canadian living in Taiwan, with a funny web site, and even funnier videos. Here's the video which features the photo.
|17 July, 2007 - Motorcycle Search Engine|
|Here's a website with a motorcycle sites only search engine. |
Span, leaches and other dirty websites are filtered out, leaving you only with sites that count.
|22 June, 2007 - BMW UK Off-road School Gets New Website|
|The very successful BMW off-road school in Wales, headed by ex-Dakar veteran Simon Pavey have got their own website. |
Highly recommended training course !
|21 June, 2007 - Virtual Ducati Motorcycle Museum|
|Can't make it to the Ducati motorcycle museum ? No time ? Too far ?? |
Ducati brings you the solution; a virtual museum. Based on the real museum, now you too can see the exhibitions in 3D !!
Long live the internet !
|20 June, 2007 - GEICO Launches Motorcycles Rides Site|
|American insurance company, Geico, have created a community website for motorcycles. |
In it, you'll find great rides (the site is called MyGreatRides.com), bikes, member profiles and schedule of upcoming motorcycle events.
|10 May, 2007 - The Price Of Fuel In France And Where To Get It|
|Gas prices have been soaring, and the French government is trying to stop too high prices, and open up competition. |
To do this, they've created a website with most gas station's fuel prices. You can search by city, area, postcode or province. Shortly you'll even be able to create an itinerary and the site will show you the fuel prices en-route.
But the site is in French. So, here are some simple instructions on how to use the site.
|4 May, 2007 - Moto Where - Web Motorcycle Routes|
|You can no longer say that you don't know where to go with your motorcycle! |
There are more and more web sites offering detailed routes for motorcycles, with options to download tracks to your GPS. Here's a look at MotoWhere.
It's a really nice use of Google Maps.
|27 March, 2007 - Sunday Motorcycle Rides - Web Mapping Program|
|Motorcycle itineraries web programs are coming off age. There are more and more of them available, and every new one, has a higher level of sophistication and ease of use. |
The latest we're looking at is called SundayMorningRides.com, and features many innovative ways of capturing and displaying your favorite motorcycle routes.
No more excuses for taking that great Sunday ride !
|9 March, 2007 - Rent Out, Don’t Sell Your Motorcycle|
|A new website has been created, that allows you to rent out your motorcycle (and other stuff), instead of selling it on eBay. Novel idea !|
|6 March, 2007 - Useful Motorcycle Website - Elf Moto|
|Elf lubricants has a very comprehensive website dedicated to motorcycles.|
It is full of tips for maintenance, safety gear purchase and other very useful information for beginner or veteran motorcycle riders.
Much of their stuff can be downloaded, or printed.
The site is in several languages.
|5 March, 2007 - MotoLiam - MotoGP Blog From The Inside|
|For any MotoGP or WSBK racing fans, here's a blog that you shouldn't miss. MotoLiam is one of the Ducati mechanics who gives you a great and entertaining glimpse of the backstage MotoGP world. |
A must read for any fan.
|27 February, 2007 - Share Roadbooks Worldwide, Including GPS Data|
|Always on the lookout for great motorcycle trips, here's a great website that does exactly that. It allows users to upload their GPS data, which is then transformed in a Google Map. Including your comments and even photos, and you have a searchable database full of motorcycle trips. |
All trips can be printed and downloaded for your GPS.
What more do you want? Go on, upload you favorite motorcycle trips, or download new ones.
|6 February, 2007 - 1,000 Movies With Motorcycles|
|We have reached 1,000 movies with motorcycles in them, in our "Motorcycles in the Movie" database at Motorbiker.org. Many different kind of movies, from many different countries and many different kind of motorcycles. Now for the next 1,000.|
|23 January, 2007 - Urban Biker Goddess|
|Carole Bennett has produced a calendar based on digital art, depicting women and their motorcycles. |
Not the kind you'll find in a men's locker room, but real fake images.
|18 January, 2007 - Dakar Stars and Their Websites|
|Even the Dakar motorcycle stars have their own websites. |
Some very good, some with a blog, or some with a forum in which they themselves participate.
Have a look at the sites.
|4 January, 2007 - Cardo’s Scala Rider Review - Video|
|Steve at the ScooterScoop website has produced a great video reviewing the Cardo Scala Rider FM Bluetooth unit. Nicely done TV program with good graphics.|
|21 December, 2006 - KTM RC8 Site|
|KTM are getting ready for their RC8. |
They now have a dedicated website showing you the progress of the development of the RC8 Superbike.
Time to start dreaming.
|15 December, 2006 - Pro Mechanics How To/Maintenance Tips|
|Not everyone knows what to do to quickly repair a motorcycle, specially doing it cheaply. |
Here's a new website that's run by a pro motorcycle mechanic that gives you loads of tips on repairing your motorcycles.
Well worth a read.
|11 December, 2006 - Luxury Motorcycle Tours|
|UK based Discovery Moto Tours offer luxury guided motorcycle tours in exotic places like Thailand? |
Go on a nice motorcycle holiday for 14 days through on a BMW R1200GS, with luxury sweeper cars, guides and the best hotels.
Dream holiday !
|9 November, 2006 - On-line Motorcycle Manuals|
|With all that information that's available on the internet, it's strange that there aren't more sites like this one. |
Cyclepedia offer very comprehensive motorcycle maintenance manuals on-line. Using step-by-step photo explanations and instructions, it's every budding mechanics' wet dream.
Can it be made any easier ? It's like having your private wrench !
|7 November, 2006 - Motorcycle Video Magazine|
|The time has come for motorcycle video magazines. We've had forums, blogs and PODcasts. |
Now, it's the turn for video. Here's a look at one video magazine called Biker Underground.
|25 October, 2006 - Find Out More Info About Your BMW Motorcycle|
|Here's a website that allows you to enter the last 7 digits of your BMW motorcycle's serial number (VIN), and the system will tell you when your motorcycle was produced, and where.|
|23 October, 2006 - MADD|
|MADD stands for Motorcyclists Against Dumb Drivers, and is an American organization that wants to properly educate car drivers to take into account motorcycles. |
They publish all the email addresses of US Governors and a standard form letter to send them.
Maybe you'll save a life... maybe even yours !
|18 October, 2006 - A "Special" Motorcycle Website|
|Not exactly an everyday website, not a website you'd think of visiting, but nevertheless, a very good and important website. |
Bikers Accident Survivor Forum is a site meant for motorcycle riders who have had major accidents. It's a support forum that hopefully will help the accident survivor to continue in life ! Very noble and important. Also, you can learn from others, hopefully preventing injuries yourself.
|17 October, 2006 - Le Touquet Enduropale Beach Race Web in English|
|The Le Touquet Enduropale beach race, world's biggest, has translated their website in English. Also, the prize money for first foreigners has been increased. For those that want to participate, but don't want to send over their motorcycle, the organizers are trying to obtain rental race motorcycles from several manufacturers. |
|13 October, 2006 - Another Motorcycle Wiki - Japanese Bikes|
|Here's a Wiki website from Cycle Chaos that gives you all the information you were always looking for on Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha motorcycles. |
If you're a fan of these Japanese motorcycle manufacturers, you're going to be spending a lot of time here.
|5 October, 2006 - Motorcycle Legal Advise - UK|
|In the UK there's a website that hands out free legal advice to motorcycle riders on all sorts of issues. |
Handy to have.
|3 October, 2006 - Riding Solo To The Top Of The World|
|A look at a very interesting travel/adventure website from India, and a closer look at one of their epic journeys to the top of the world. |
Prepare yourself to spend several hours at this site.
|18 September, 2006 - Cannonball Bike Run Report and VisorDown|
|Visor down's newly redesigned website has an interesting report by one of their riders on his race in the latest Cannonball Bike Run. |
70+ motorcycles in a highly illegal motorcycle race through Europe. Smoky and the Bandits move over.
|15 September, 2006 - GNCC Podcast Interviews with Racers|
|A look at a website offering PODcast interviews with off road racers from the GNCC series in the USA. |
Three celebrity interviewers asking the questions.
|5 September, 2006 - Interesting RTW Site - Simon and Lisa Thomas|
|A look at a great RTW website, produced by Lisa and Simon Thomas about their current world travels on their motorcycles. |
They've been on the road since 2003, and have been taking loads of great photos, and writing superb diaries. A must see for the budding or armchair traveller.
|1 September, 2006 - Motorcycle Wiki|
|A motorcycle Wiki was started by MBI member Wheelhound, and is steadily growing with loads of information. |
You too can help by providing information to this on-line motorcycle encyclopedia.
|15 August, 2006 - New Moroccan Motorcycle Touring Company|
|A new, UK based, touring company has been created for touring Morocco. Moto-Morocco will come and pickup your motorcycle, bring it to Morocco, while you fly comfortably there. |
Then, with their experienced guides, mechanics and support staff, you tour the country. What could be better ?
|25 July, 2006 - Kropotkin Feed Added to Site|
|We've added a live feed coming from the excellent "Kropotkin Thinks" MotoGP review site. |
Learn more what goes on in the MotoGP world.
|13 June, 2006 - Interesting Motorcycle Blog - Reality TV|
|With our motorcycle bloggers database growing to 181 bloggers, this new blog is interesting. |
It's a group blog by 5 girls who are learning how to ride motorcycles, and are followed by TV cameras for a new reality TV series.
|8 June, 2006 - ZMoto 7 Released|
|The popular ZMoto Palm software for motorcycle owners has been released as version 7. |
More functions, faster, stabler. And it's still free !
|6 June, 2006 - BMW’s Special Police Website|
|Something I never thought about, but kind of obvious. BMW have a special website for Law Enforcement and other Government Authorities. |
In it, they detail their special motorcycles fitted for the Police, and include special training, clothing, workshops, etc.
|31 May, 2006 - How To Piss Off BMW Motorcycles|
|Here's a fellow who has a motorcycle blog about the service history of his BMW R1200GS. Fully documented with all its problems. |
That will piss off BMW.
|8 May, 2006 - First Annual Motorcycle Awards on the Internet|
|The very first Motorcycle Bloggers International (MBI) annual Motorcycles Awards were produced last weekend. 11 web sites from around the globe voted for the best motorcycles and related products in 9 different award categories.|
A special website, http://mbiweb.org, was created for these awards. This year, its first year, the MBI members were responsible for nominations and voting. Next year, you the reader will be able to nominate your favorite product.
Come and see who won, and who lost....
|5 May, 2006 - Garmin GPS Blog|
|For those of you who want to know more about GPSs, specially those of Garmin, the American manufacturer has a blog site with loads of information about Garmin GPSs.|
They deal with all sorts of products and applications. Interesting !
|7 February, 2006 - New Women Motorcycling Website|
|A new website sees the light, dedicated to female motorcycle riders. |
Professional and very interesting.
|1 February, 2006 - Scooters TV - A First ?|
|Here's a first (we think). ScooterScoop.com has launched a first TV show that can be downloaded or viewed directly from your PC 'but you need to live in a country currently serviced by Google Video). |
|31 January, 2006 - BMW’s Serious Fun Website|
|BMW motorcycles has launched yet another new website, dedicated to their new F800 series motorcycles.|
|27 December, 2005 - Motorcycle Sunglasses|
|A look at special motorcycle sunglasses, specially for prescription sunglasses. |
Not many of those around, so this is an interesting site.
|2 December, 2005 - ZMoto Version 6 Released|
|The popular, and very free, Palm PDA motorcycle application, ZMoto has been released in version 6. |
If you've got a motorcycle, and a Palm, what are you waiting for ?
|9 September, 2005 - Price Comparison Database|
|We've created a database comparing prices in Europe (and the US) for motorcycle gear.|
|25 August, 2005 - RTW Motorcycle Blog|
|Here's a deserving blog; Allan Karl is writing about his Round The World ride on his BMW motorcycle.|
|5 July, 2005 - Betting Against Valentino Rossi|
|You can bet that Valentino does NOT win the championship, or win, but whatever you bet, you'll not make much money. |
|11 June, 2005 - Reminder: Motorcycle Sports Results|
|Reminder to check in on Sunday afternoon (Europe time) and Monday for the latest motorcycle sports results as filled by the manufacturers.|
|13 May, 2005 - Rent a Race Motorcycle|
|Moto-Run offer the rental of Yamaha R6 motorcycles at one of the French main racing circuits. |
|1 April, 2005 - High Tech Motorcycle Fines|
|The French gouvernment put in place a new system for paying speeding fines; welcome to the 22nd century!|
|16 February, 2005 - Radar Web Site for France|
|A look (and translation) of a very detailed website describing all radars in France, fixed and mobile. |
|6 January, 2005 - Motorcycle News Feed|
|You too can use the syndication news feed from this site for your web or newreaders.|
|1 December, 2004 - Photo Motorcycle Travel Log|
|Merritt and Pierre are travelling around the world on their motorcycles and are publishing a great website with a lot of great photos. |
|21 July, 2004 - Older Motorcycle Blog!|
|I always thought I had the "oldest" motorcycle blog on the net. WRONG! |
Here's one that's older than mine, and it belongs to Cecilie. It's very good!
|14 July, 2004 - Motorcycle Jobs|
|Looking for a job in the motorcycle industry? |
Here's your chance!
|2 October, 2003 - Umbrella Girls|
|Here's a website that offers you to book Umbrella Girls for your motorcycle events....|