How Many Forum Readers Does It Take?
Posted at 09:22:41 AM
File under Entertainment
Author: Mike Werner
Location: Normandy, France
We probably all are members of some motorcycle discussion forum. There are 10,000's of them, geographical based, brand based, sport based, all sizes, all formats, all languages.
One funny posting that has been circulating is the following (I'm putting it here, for the 3 readers of this site that aren't a member of any forum):
- 1 to change the lightbulb, and to post that it has been changed.
- 14 to share similar experiences at changing light bulbs, and how said lightbulb could have been changed differently.
- 7 to caution about all the possible dangers of changing lightbulbs.
- 6 to argue over whether it is a "lightbulb" or a "light bulb”, and another 6 to condemn those 6 as being stupid.
- 2 industry pros to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp".
- 16 know it alls who claim they are in industry, and that light bulb is perfectly correct.
- 19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs, and to please take this discussion to a light bulb forum.
- 11 to defend the posting to this forum, saying that we all use light bulbs ,therefore the post is indeed relevant to this forum.
- 36 to debate which method of changing lightbulbs is superior, where to buy these bulbs, what brand works best for this technique, and what brands are faulty.
- 5 people to post pics of their own light bulbs.
- 15 people to post "I can't see their !@#^%$ light bulbs".
- 7 people to post URL's where one can see examples of lightbulbs.
- 4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly, and then post the corrections.
- 13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety, including all headers and signatures, and add "Me Too".
- 5 posts to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the lightbulb controversy.
- 4 to say " didn't we go through this a short time ago?"'
- 13 to say " do a search on lightbulbs before posting a question on lightbulbs.
- 1 to bring politics into the discussion, by adding that the current minister for transport is not the brightest bulb.
- 4 more to get into personal attacks over their political views.
- 1 moderator to lock the light bulb thread.
- 1 forum lurker to post to the original thread 6 whole months from now ,and start it all over again.