For the first time, a group of motorcycle bloggers have united to award the best and the worst that can be found in the motorcycle industry during 2005. We've all seen awards being issued in motorcycle magazines, often based on very technical points. However, we "mere mortals" often judge motorcycle and their associated products in other ways:- styling, colors, raw performance or just emotional criteria.
MBI, Motorcycle Bloggers International, was created as an association of international bloggers to award motorcycle products that appealed to us as a group. We have representation from the UK, France, Germany, Denmark, The Netherlands, China, Japan, Chile and the USA. The awards for motorcycles and motorcycle products for 2005 was accomplished by nominations and votes by its founding members, however, for 2007 we envisage that you the readers have the opportunity to nominate the contestants.
The nine 2006 award categories are:
- Most promising new concept motorcycle – for practical innovation
- Best Web Presence - which manufacturer informs customers the best
- Object of lust – for the motorcycle we most want but can’t afford
- Best Everyday Motorcycle - all-round motorcycle
- What were they thinking? – for the least useful or practical new product
- Standing ovation - person who has done the most for the motorcycle image
- Thumbs down - person who has really let down motorcyclists
- Wish we'd thought of that - Best product of the year
To see who the winners (and losers) were, or to find out more about MBI, click here.
The websites that consist of the members and judges are: